Shared items with tags and flaky scroll bars

I have two issues with 1Password X.

I have a family membership. I shared some items that have tags. Normally I have my view limited to my private vault (not all vaults. But in 1Password X, if I look at a tag category I see "duplicates" (one for each copy that is in a separate vault). This does not seem to happen in the desktop program. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Also, the scroll bar in 1Password X doesn't seem to work right. If I try to drag the scroll bar it bottoms out before I get to the bottom and then backs up so I can never get to the bottom of the list. I have to use the search bar.

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Win 10.0.17134
Sync Type: membership
Referrer: forum-search:tags in multiple vaults

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2019

Greetings @rmart33,

I see what you mean, the native applications, 1Password for Mac/Windows only display matches for the currently selected vault whilst the tags section in 1Password X is always showing the results for All Vaults. I don't think that can be intended and I shall file a report.

I'm trying to figure out how the scrolling could be a bug though. I would imagine all we're doing is supplying an object/list and the browser is handling the rest rather than delegating detailed control of the scrollbar to the extension. Do you see the same if you use whatever scroll option your mouse/trackpad has and I wonder if you can let me know what combinations you've tried so far and seen this issue; Has it just been this one Windows PC and was it with Chrome, Firefox or another Chromium based browser? My one test was Chrome on a Mac and the scrolling seemed okay so it could be a very particular combination is required to reproduce.

ref: xplatform/filling-issues#346

• rmart33
    rmart33
    Community Member

Thanks for reporting the tags bug. I don't see the scrolling bug now so maybe it was a Chrome bug that has been fixed?

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rmart33,

I'm a Windows user and was involved with investigating the scrolling bug, so I'll jump in for a second. :smile: The bug is specific to the Windows platform and will happen again if you click on the scrollbar and keep dragging it down. However, the bug won't occur if you use your mouse wheel to scroll. This is an issue that requires a significant redesign of how the scrollbar works, so it might be a while before we get to it. It is on our todo list, though. :smile:

ref: x/b5x#183

This discussion has been closed.