Totp issues on anything other then main device.

Options
Russianwaff1e
Russianwaff1e
Community Member

All of Totp won’t work if I login in on another device. If I need the code I have to go back to main device to get them, I can’t use windows or anything else. It seems like some others have reported the issue as well with no fix, when I used to use last pass this was never issue, I really hope this can be fixed or something I can do to fix it in my end would be nice too.

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Russianwaff1e

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. This has not been my experience. I've got a number of sites that use TOTP and I use 1Password on almost every platform we support (Mac, iOS, Windows, and a touch on Linux). I've never had a problem getting a working TOTP code for a site. So I suspect this comes down to a configuration issue.

The biggest source of difficulty when dealing with TOTP is time. If the time, date, and timezone don't match perfectly on all of your devices that would be a problem. In order to best get the time on the devices in sync we'd recommend syncing with an internet timeserver like pool.ntp.org. Please note that this is a system setting, not a 1Password setting. Your phone is likely already doing this but you can check in Settings > General > Date & Time. The "Set Automatically" option should be enabled. While reviewing that option also please double check the Time Zone setting is set appropriately. Please check that out and see if that helps.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.