1Password is very unstable

I have a lot of issues with 1 Password.
Both at work and at home, the desktop app is very unstable. It has been unstable every since I migrated to v7 so it seems. Thta's for over a year now. The app constantly crashes and shows this message:

The Edge plugin often doesn't work. Almost never actually.
The Chrome plugin crashes all the time as well, because of the crashing desktop app.

I've been hoping for a long time these problems all would be fixed, but they still exist for way too long.
Right now I'm thinking about migrating to another solution, because it gets too frustrating.

What's going on here?
Am I the only one experiencing these issues?

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited February 2019

Hi @Pidi,

Thanks for writing in.

I've been hoping for a long time these problems all would be fixed, but they still exist for way too long.

If you've never wrote in to us about these issues, then they're not going to be fixed on their own. The crash reports you submit to us are anonymized but some crashes we cannot fix because it is not within 1Password that's crashing but from external factors. We have some anti-virus companies that keep injecting themselves into 1Password that causes it to crash, which we can never fix on our own.

Am I the only one experiencing these issues?

We do not have widespread issues like this for sure, no one would use us if it was like this for everyone. (Except for Edge, that's due to limitations within Edge but good news is that Microsoft is rebuilding Edge completely and we expect this will be resolved by that new version due to what they're doing).

To quickly figure this out, we'll need your 1Passworde diagnostics report. Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@1Password.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

This discussion has been closed.