1Password 7 is read-only, have 1Password 4 license

This discussion was created from comments split from: Moving 1PW to a new PC.

Comments

• Jon_D
    Jon_D
    Community Member

@Greg can you also help me with this please. I have an old single license key that I purchased years ago and would like to transfer to my lnew laptop. I kind of found a solution that I tried but it's not working properly as the app says that everything is only ready only. I tried to find a way to enter the License Key I have but there is no way for me to enter it into the app.

The version that I have with my old license is 4.6.2.626 while the new solution I found said to install the new version of 1Password 7.3.657

• MikeT
    edited February 2019

Hi @Jon_D,

Thanks for writing in.

1Password 7 requires a separate purchase or a membership to our 1Password.com service, it is not a free upgrade for our 1Password 4 licensed customers. You can learn more about the benefits of having 1Password.com membership here: https://support.1password.com/explore/membership/

If you do not wish to upgrade to 1Password 7, you can download 1Password 4 here to keep using it. Note that 1Password 4 no longer support using Chrome 72 or later due to recent changes in Chrome 72 that trips our security check and we won't be issuing an update to 1Password 4 except for critical security fixes.

This discussion has been closed.