Login not working

LarryMcJ
LarryMcJ
Community Member
edited February 2019 in Android

I haven't logged into the following site for about three months, but I recall 1Password working just fine.

https://www.hover.com/login

Now I get the following error.

The webpage at https://www.hover.com/login could not be loaded because:

net::ERR_CLEARTEXT_NOT_PERMITTED

FWIW, the same login URL works fine in two other password managers.

Comments

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member

The following login to Regal Cinemas used to work, but recently stopped. The credentials are valid as I can manually login in using Chrome. Also, if I try to login in using Chrome with 1Password, it doesn't work. Only a manual login works.

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member

No ideas?

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    edited February 2019

For over 10 years with 1Password on Apple devices... very few problems. With 1Password for Android I've had more autofill and login issues than the past 10 years combined.

Here's yet another login that simply won't work with the Android version.

https://www.express-scripts.com/login

It works fine in Android Chrome and on other password managers. Thanks for taking a look.

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member

Oddly, after the 1Password Android update (v7.1.1) on February 14, 2019...this login now works correctly.

• Hi @LarryMcJ. Thanks for reaching out! I take it you're trying to open this in the built-in 1Browser rather than Chrome or another browser? I've just tested this in 1Browser on my end and it loaded just fine. Can you let me know what version of 1Password you're using?

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    edited February 2019

Peri, I'm using Android 7.1.1 on a Google Pixel 3 XL phone. And yes, the problem is when using the 1Passworf inherent browser. In over 10 years using 1P on Apple devices there were no problems. Now it seems most of my 1Password issues are directly related to its browser. BTW, this problem is still happening for me

• Thanks for getting back to me. I've merged your threads into one, so we can keep the conversation here. I do see the problem with Express Scripts, but I have no problem loading Hover in the 1Browser. Please make sure your device is running the latest available version of Android.

I'll report the issue with Express Scripts to my team. That said, our focus these last few years is on improving the filling experience outside of 1Password, so I highly recommend using Chrome, Firefox, Brave, Opera, or another browser, and letting 1Password fill there with Autofill or the accessibility service.

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    edited February 2019

Thanks. I had three separate questions posted about three separate logins that aren't working. Are you merging two of those?

I just tried the hover.com login again and it still doesn't work. As I said a few minutes ago I'm using the latest version from the Google Play Store
    ...v7.1.1.

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    edited February 2019

I just painstakingly went through my 157 logins and found 13 that don't work. Not only does autofill not work, but tapping the 1Password key in the upper-right of the 1P browser, displaying the login, and tapping that doesn't work.

FWIW, I tried these 13 logins in the free version of LastPass just as a test. All worked perfectly. This makes me believe these are most likely 1Password browser problems.

I'm using the most current Android version in the Google Play Store (v7.1.1) on a Google Pixel 3 XL phone. Autofill and Legacy Autofill are both enabled.

I can either post the logins here or send an email to support+android@agilebits.com, whichever you prefer. There is nothing sensitive in the logins, they're quite common, popular sites.

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    edited February 2019

I just tried these logins using 1Password X in the Chrome browser on Chrome OS and they ALL work. Is there that big of a problem with the 1Password browser in the Android app?

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member

Is there anything else I can try to get hover to work?

• Hi @LarryMcJ. The 1Browser was developed originally so that we could fill on Android back when we didn't have much better options that we have now, like Autofill and our accessibility service. It was not meant to be used as a regular browser, and we do know that it does not work as well as other browsers.

That said, I'll forward your feedback regarding these sites to our team. However, our development focus has been on improving the filling experience outside of 1Password, which is why we've made sure to support Chrome, Firefox, and other browsers. So I can't say if or when we'd be able to address these. For now, I recommend sticking with Chrome or other browsers, as the browser experience there will be much better than the 1Browser in most cases.

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member

I fully understand and I don't mind using the default browser. However, at some point, to make the experience better with the default browser, 1Password really needs to eliminate the "tap-hold, select open" and just make it work automatically with the default browser if the user chooses. It can't be that difficult.

No offense, but with over 30 of my primary logins not working with 1Password (Android), I've had to start using a competitor for the time being. 1Password works fine with "X" and oddly, with my wife's iPhone, but now that I'm on Android I have to use what works. I still have my subscription, so I'll keep checking in to see if things are better in the future.

• peri
    edited February 2019

Thanks for the feedback. I think we would be more likely to allow you to more easily open your default browser than the 1Browser. As I mentioned, we don't have plans to improve the 1Browser at the moment, as our current focus is on improving the filling experience overall on Android. This means making sure filling into apps and your default browser is as seamless as possible.

That is, rather than going to 1Password, finding a Login, and tapping the URL, just open your default browser, go to the site you want to visit, and 1Password will pop up there to fill. This way, you don't have to go through the main app to get to a given site to fill there.

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member

@peri, what you're suggesting "open the default browser" is exactly what I recommended :) Regardless, I figured out how to make the Android experience better...I traded in my Pixel 3 XL on an iPhone and my Pixelbook for a MacBook Pro ;) 15 years with Apple was just too hard to give up. Also, 29 of the 31 logins that don't work in Android...work fine in 1Password for iOS and in the Mac version. Thanks for all your help!

• peri
    edited March 2019

No problem at all, @LarryMcJ. I'm sorry to hear you're going back over to the dark side :tongue:, but I totally understand. Getting used to another ecosystem is no fun. But we'll be here if you switch back to Android in the future!

• cl4ywell
    cl4ywell
    Community Member

I realize this is an old thread, but I am having a very similar or exact same issue as described here. Is there a way to change the browser that opens when you click links in 1Password from 1Browser to say Chrome or some other without having to open the default Android browser seperately and use AutoFill from there?

• Hey @cl4ywell.

There is indeed a way to open links in another browser. Instead of tapping a link in a Login item in 1Password, tap and hold on the URL. Then you'll be asked which browser you'd like to use.

Let me know if that helps!

• vaibhav
    vaibhav
    Community Member
    edited May 2020

The error is due to website issue more then the mobile apk code build. This guide helped me resolving the issue :
    ERR_CLEARTEXT_NOT_PERMITTED

Explains the real cause quite well.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for sharing this with us @vaibhav :+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.