Suddenly, 1Password extension for chrome is not responding, will not open search box.

Options

I am using Windows X, latest version, and latest version of 1Password and extention. I have repaired the helper, re-booted several times, no luck.
Any advice would be appreciated

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10.0.17134
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Suddenly, the 1Password extension for Chrome is not responding.

Comments

• AgileBurger
    AgileBurger
    Community Member
    Options

Same here. Just stopped working. Came her to see if there was an uproar about it. Surprised to see there isn't.

Clicking on the chrome extension icon just does nothing. I uinstalled and freshly reinstalled the extension. Rebooted. Disabled / Enabled it. Everything short of uninstalling the actual app and reinstalling that. Didnt do that yet.

Are you guys aware of the issue? Chrome:

Google Chrome is up to date
    Version 72.0.3626.109 (Official Build) (64-bit)

• AgileBurger
    AgileBurger
    Community Member
    Options

EDIT:

Nevermind ... apparently the sticky in the forum explains that 1Password 4 no longer works with Chrome. Seems like kind of a big deal if tons of your customers are still paying to use your software. So we have to upgrade to 1Password 7 and pay for another / new membership I guess.

• Hi guys,

Thanks for writing in.

@jeffrapp, 1Password 4 doesn't recognize Chrome 72 or later anymore due to a recent change in Chrome that trips the security system in 1Password 4 for Windows. Please read the pinned announcement here.

@AgileBurger,

Seems like kind of a big deal if tons of your customers are still paying to use your software

We've stopped selling licenses for 1Password 4 more than a year and half ago and majority of our customers have already switched to 1Password 7 for a while.

This discussion has been closed.