I have 2 vaults with difference file extensions (.opvault and agilekeychain)

Options
steve12
steve12
Community Member
edited February 2019 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Not really sure what forum to put this in...

I installed a trail version of 1Password 7 on my MacBook; but I continue to run 1Password 4 on my Windows 10 PC (or at least that's what I thought).

My Windows 1Password 4 vault is synch through Dropbox. I noticed I now have two vaults in Dropbox, one a .opvault extension and the second with .agilekeychain extension. I also noticed I now have the two vaults available to open in 1Password 4 > Reopen 1Password Vault > both vaults are listed. Why?

Additionally, the 1Password Chrome extension no longer works on my Windows 10 PC. If I go into 1Password 4 > File > Preference > Browser > Install Chrome Extension, I taken to the 1Password.com website. I restarted Chrome several times and also removing the 1Password extension and re-installing it, but still does not work. What steps do I need to take to get the Chrome extension to work with 1Password 4 for Windows?

At this point (for various reasons), I'm not convinced I will move to a 1Password 7 subscription account.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

ref: GUF-36593-724

Comments

• Hi @steve12,

Thanks for writing in.

I also noticed I now have the two vaults available to open in 1Password 4 > Reopen 1Password Vault > both vaults are listed. Why?

1Password 7 for macOS stopped supporting AgileKeychain format a while ago, it would create the OPVault when you re-enable the sync option for your vault in 1Password. You would open the OPVault for all 1Password 7 apps as that is the latest vault format we use, Agile Keychain has been phased out a few years ago.

1Password does not delete old vaults that it convert in case of an unforeseen issue, so you'd be able to switch back.

Additionally, the 1Password Chrome extension no longer works on my Windows 10 PC.

This is a known limitation once you update to Chrome 72 on your PC, 1Password 4 won't recognize it anymore due to a recent change in Chrome 72 but we have updated 1Password 7 to support it last month. 1Password 4 does still work fine in Firefox, Brave, and Vivaldi. Please read our pinned announcement for more details.

This discussion has been closed.