Change of e-mail address(-es)

Options

I am thinking about (but not decided yet) changing my internetnet-service provider, which most probably involves a change of my e-mail address. I assume that can be changed in my 1Password 7 account, once I know what the new address will be.

Then - and this is my question: I am registered on some 45 different websites, with my email address and a safe password generated here in 1Password 7.

• Is it possible, on those websites to do a "batch change" of my e-mail address on all those 45 websites simultaneously and also to keep the present log-in passord, or do I have to log in on each single website separately (45 times totally) to change my registered e-mail address there?
  • Is there such a "short-cut" in 1Password?

Please comment!

1Password Version: 1Password 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.14.3 Mojave
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Change e-mail address

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @ulbn,

Sadly no, you will need to visit each site in turn and manually update your details on the site. If the site uses your email address as a username you will also need to update your Login item as well afterwards. 1Password is geared towards reacting to previously unseen passwords as attempting to infer changes on other types has the potential to be quite error-prone. It would be nice if 1Password could be more intelligent but the accuracy would have to be massively high otherwise it would drive people nuts with the false prompts.

• ulbn
    ulbn
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you littlebobbytables for your informative reply! It was just a thought from me...
    and frankly, i did not expect that it was possible!
    Anyway - good to know!
    Best regards
    Ulbn

• ulbn
    ulbn
    Community Member
    Options

But - to change my e-mail address in my 1Password 7 account (once) if I have swithched to a new internet service supplier, is however possible, right??
    Rgds
    ulbn

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ulbn,

You can change the registered email address associated with your 1Password account :smile: What you would want to do is:

1. Sign into your 1Password account in your preferred browser.
    2. Click on your name in the upper right hand corner of the page and select the My Profile option.
    3. On that page you will find there is a button on the left titled Change Email. Follow the prompts and that's your email address changed.

I hope that helps, if you have any further questions please do let us know and we'll do our best to help.

This discussion has been closed.