Banking Website does not work on iOS Safari - Mac Safari ist ok

Options
1Password_Sascha
1Password_Sascha
Community Member

Hello,

on the banking website https://manni.sparkasse-koelnbonn.de/ the username/ password autofill does not work. Accessing this site on mac os x safari works ok, but Safari on iOS does not recognize the input fields.

greetings Sascha

1Password Version: 7.2.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: ios 12.1.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @1Password_Sascha

I tried a number of different things here: 1Browser, the 1Password extension for Safari, and Apple's own Password AutoFill feature, but none would find or fill this form on iOS. I'm going to ask one of our filling experts to take a look at this and see if there is a way we can improve 1Password to accommodate this. It appears they are doing something fairly non-standard.

Thanks.

Ben

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2019
    Options

Hi @1Password_Sascha,

The issue isn't only with iOS Safari, I could on occasion reproduce no filling of the PIN field in Safari on the Mac and always reproduce in Chrome.

What the site is doing is altering the field type for the PIN field dynamically. When you first load the page it starts off as a text field so that they can display the text PIN. After you click on the field and it has focus the site changes it to a password field. If you click away and you hadn't typed anything the site changes it back to a text field. This is confusing 1Password although I'm sure we did a better job of detecting this in the past. It is very likely this is why iOS 12's AutoFill also fails to detect it as a sign-in form.

I don't have a great answer here I'm afraid. I can modify a Login item so it fills but I find it doesn't work well in Safari (Mac) afterwards and I'm not yet sure why Safari on the Mac differs to other browsers including iOS Safari. The modification also only works if we alter the Login item sufficiently so it no longer believes it stores a password which makes it a very unsatisfactory solution.

The following will work but I really don't like it as a solution. We need to make 1Password just do better without this ugly hack.

1. Save this 1PIF (1Password Interchange Format) file to your Desktop on your Mac. The file should end in .1pif, if you see .txt please alter the filename accordingly.
    2. Drag the 1PIF file to the 1Password icon in the macOS dock to import into the active vault. If All Vaults is active it will use the default vault for saving (Vaults tab in 1Password's preferences).
    3. Locate the imported item, it will have a tag with the import date.
    4. Enter edit mode and click the View Saved Form Details button.
    5. Replace the placeholder values with your real account credentials.
    6. Save.

The idea is you will keep your better item that works with Safari on the Mac and that one will correctly display both the username and PIN when viewing. The iOS item will allow you to fill but should you change either your username or PIN you would want to manually update this one afterwards using steps 4-6 again. I will file a bug report for our handling of this page.

ref: xplatform/filling-issues#359

This discussion has been closed.