I upgraded to 1password v7 and now all my passwords are gone.

I just did the upgrade to 1password v7. all my passwords disappeared and the only backup I can see is for 1password4. This backup is not current. How do i revert to 1password v6 and get my passwords back?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• chugheslcpc
    chugheslcpc
    Community Member

I am on Windows 10 PRO Version 1709.

• Hi @chugheslcpc,

Thanks for reporting this. What do you mean by all passwords disappearing, you see items but no password in it or do you mean there are no items in your Passwords category? Note that Generated Passwords category in 1Password 4 has been renamed to Passwords in 1Password 7.

How do i revert to 1password v6 and get my passwords back?

Do you mean revert back to 1Password 4? 1Password 7 is an update to 1Password 6 (using the same code, reverting won't change anything) but 1Password 4 was a separate product.

Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@1Password.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• chugheslcpc
    chugheslcpc
    Community Member

By all my passwords disappeared, I mean that most of my logins are completely gone. There were over 100 logins before I upgraded to 1password 7.

• Hi @chugheslcpc,

You can reinstall 1Password 4 from here: https://c.1password.com/dist/1P/win4/1Password-4.6.2.626.exe After that, you should be able to unlock and see your data.

As for 1Password 7, please email us your diagnostics report as requested in the last reply, there may be an issue with your original vault that 1Password 7 can't convert. At this moment, we have no known issues with 1Password 7 converting the AgileKeychain vaults for several months now with a huge number of users upgrading successfully from 1Password 4.

• chugheslcpc
    chugheslcpc
    Community Member

I don't see any option to generate a diagnostic report in HELP.

• Hi @chugheslcpc,

Are you checking the Help menu in 1Password 7 for Windows? It looks like this:

• AgileBurger
    AgileBurger
    Community Member

Mike - go read my thread please. The reason he thinks his passwords are gone is because your upgrade process is a train wreck and it doesn't port anything over to the 7 from the 4. He, just like me, expected your coders to be capable of a basic software upgrade process, or at least an instruction document explaining how to port the date over ourselves manually. Nothing of the sort is presented to the user, so they see version 7 empty because we're forced to download it "new" as well.

• chugheslcpc
    chugheslcpc
    Community Member

HELP does no present me with any option to produce a diagnostics report. You must be using 1password from an alternate universe.
    This is really getting frustrating.

• chugheslcpc
    chugheslcpc
    Community Member

And the reinstall did not change anything.

• As Mike mentioned, @AgileBurger, 1Password 7 is a totally new app. It can't port anything over from 1Password 4 because it doesn't know how you had 1Password 4 set up. 1Password 4 had no local database – it just read your vault directly from your sync service and allowed you to switch between vaults individually. This means you may have had multiple vaults you'd opened over the years. 1Password 7 can't know if these are all vaults you're actively using or if some of them are old and abandoned. Might we have been able to make our best guess? Sure, but we'd have been about as likely to make a mess as help, so we decided it was best to allow y'all to open your vaults directly as is discussed in our upgrade guide.

Is this the most seamless upgrade process ever? Definitely not, but it was necessary to do things this way given how 1Password 4 worked. While I can't predict the future with certainty, 1Password 7 does have a local database that will be in the same place for everyone, so it's likely 1Password 8 and beyond will be able to make this process easier.

@chugheslcpc: Were you previously syncing your data via Dropbox? As AgileBurger mentioned, 1Password 7 won't pick up your data from 1Password 4 – you need to tell it where to look. Most folks sync via Dropbox, so I'd check if you see either 1Password.agilekeychain or 1Password.opvault there. If you don't open Start, then type agilekeychain to search. Repeat except search for opvault if you don't find anything. One of those should yield results and give you your vault's location. Once you find one, choose 1Password > Import in 1Password 7, then click the "Agile Keychain or OPVault folder" option. Click "Select Folder" navigate to that vault you found. Click "select folder" in the Explorer window, then enter your vault password (the one you used to unlock 1Password 4) where indicated. Choose the vault you'd like to save these items in from the dropdown, then click import. That will import your items into 1Password 7. :+1:

• chugheslcpc
    chugheslcpc
    Community Member

I was not syncing via dropbox. I don't even know what dropbox is. When I click the 1password icon in my browser screen, there is no "import" option.

• chugheslcpc
    chugheslcpc
    Community Member

In my documents/1password directory, I see
    1password.agilekeychain - old (dated 3/1/2015)
    1password.legacyagilekeychain (dated 6/26/2014)
    1password.opvault (dated 2/18/2019)
    a subdirectory called Backups which contains a whole bunch of 1password zip files, the latest one is dated 1/23/2019

• chugheslcpc
    chugheslcpc
    Community Member

The attached file "1password screen print.png" is what I see when I click the 1password icon.

• chugheslcpc
    chugheslcpc
    Community Member

So, what is your recommendation at this point? Do I just start over building 1password from scratch? If that's the case, it's time to look into other password managers.

• chugheslcpc
    chugheslcpc
    Community Member

Please change the smiley face icon next to my posts to a frowny face.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @chugheslcpc,

I am sorry for the troubles with 1Password 7. I think I understand what happened.

It seems that you created a 1Password account, downloaded 1Password X, but never migrated your data. Please do the following now:

1) Download and install 1Password 7 app on your PC (here is how it should look like). Here is the direct link.

2) Sign in to your new account on 1Password.com in the browser (not in the extension).

3) Click your account name in the top right and choose Get the Apps.

4) Click “Add your account directly”. The 1Password 7 app will open, and most of your account details are filled in automatically.

5) Enter your Master Password and click Sign In.

6) If you see "Transfer items" pop-up, please click “Transfer items” then OK to confirm, and all your existing data, like passwords and secure notes, will be copied to your new account.

If you don't see "Transfer items", please take the next steps:

7) Open 1Password 7.

8) Go to 1Password > Import.

9) Select Agile Keychain or OPVault folder option and find your vault (1password.opvault) in your Documents folder.

10) Enter the Master Password for that vault, select your Personal vault as the vault your data will be imported into and click Import.

Let me know how it goes. I will be looking forward to hearing back from you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• chugheslcpc
    chugheslcpc
    Community Member

Okay I did all these steps. Now how do I get the 1password extension back

• If you'd prefer to use the companion extension, you can find it here. Make sure to disable 1Password X if you choose that path. That said, 1Password X should now have all of your data in it as well. You can click Logins in the sidebar to view the full list. The suggested items section will only show items that match the site you're viewing. 1Password X is a bit different from what you're likely used to, but you're welcome to try it. You can learn more about 1Password X, if you'd like, here:

https://support.1password.com/getting-started-1password-x/

And, of course, questions are welcome no matter you choice. :chuffed:

• chugheslcpc
    chugheslcpc
    Community Member

I don't know what version I have. I am finding it a little difficult to get used to. When I click on the 1PW icon, I get a list of logons but all me logons are not there. However, when I use the search function, they show up. Kind of odd.

• That's normal for the companion extension, @chugheslcpc, so I'd wager that's what you've got. You'll see only the Logins that match the website you're viewing at the time by default. If you search, however, that search will query all of your vaults. You can also see all of your Logins by clicking the icon below the star on the left-hand side after you click the 1Password icon. Does that help things make a little more sense?

• chugheslcpc
    chugheslcpc
    Community Member

I also see two of every login. Is that normal?

• chugheslcpc
    chugheslcpc
    Community Member

And yes, your response about what I see in 1PW clarifies things. Also clicking the icon under the star did reveal all my passwords. There are two of each login. My next task, I guess is deleting all the dups.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @chugheslcpc,

Could you please check how many vaults you have in 1Password 7?

If you have seen Transfer items in 1Password 7, did you happen to migrate your data the second time on a different device? Please let me know. Thanks!

++
    Greg

• chugheslcpc
    chugheslcpc
    Community Member

I have no other devices that use 1password. As far as I know, I did the migration just once. When I click the link you include "check how many vaults you have" , I don't see how it helps me.

• chugheslcpc
    chugheslcpc
    Community Member

Suddenly my 1password extension is showing no passwords at all, yet when I open 1password, they are all there.

• chugheslcpc
    chugheslcpc
    Community Member

However, it opens as 1password v4 and the passwords are not current.

• chugheslcpc
    chugheslcpc
    Community Member

:'( :'( :'(

• Could you send us a diagnostics report from 1Password 7, @chugheslcpc? I think between you needing to navigate an app you're not as familiar with and us trying to interpret what you see without seeing it ourselves, we're making things harder on both of us than we need to. With your diagnostics, I can see how 1Password 7 is configured, which can allow me to better describe why you're seeing what you're seeing and help you make any changes that might make things less confusing. :+1:

Here's how to create a diagnostics report:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Don't post them here, but do attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com and include a link to this thread in your e-mail. That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  For bonus points, post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly.

Thanks! :chuffed:

• chugheslcpc
    chugheslcpc
    Community Member

Alas, I gave up on 1pw 7 before I read this email. It was just too frustrating. I have gone back to a Password list. I may try a different product.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @chugheslcpc,

I am sorry to hear that!

We received an email from you 12 hours ago, we will take a look at the information you shared and get back to you via email. Maybe you will give 1Password another change. Thank you!

++
    Greg

ref: LFU-33582-887

This discussion has been closed.