All logins showing as Reused Password - New User

Options

I created a new account yesterday and have only set up 8 logins so far but all of them are showing as 'Reused Password' in the orange notification banner. They are all unique passwords generated by 1Password.

Whats going on? What am I missing?

Running latest version and using the Google Chrome Extension

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited February 2019
    Options

Hi @davewill,

Thanks for writing in.

In the main 1Password window, select the Reused Passwords under Watchtower on the left sidebar, do you see redundant Password items under your Login items?

If yes, that's why. We don't yet clean up redundant Password items when you use the 1Password password generator on the website and you created Login item for it. This is coming in a future update. For now, you can try to delete the password item if you don't need them.

This happens because we automatically create a Password item every time you click Copy in the 1Password password generator, so you don't lose it if 1Password doesn't prompt to save your new Login item, thus preventing the chance of being locked out.

ref: opw/opw#2169

• davewill
    davewill
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT
    Many thanks for your help. That worked perfectly, good to know this will be improved in future releases but for now your explanation has been great i helping me understand it a little further. Cheers!

• You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.