I need to print a list of passwords/usernames

Options

Yes, I know one should not print out passwords/usernames, but this is something I need to do. Please do not tell me that I "shouldn't", just let me know how I can go about printing off a list of usernames/passwords from my 1password vault.

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10 home
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited February 2019
    Options

Hi @haddens,

Thanks for writing in.

Select the items you want to print and right-click to export it. You can copy it to a spreadsheet and/or text editor to print it out. Be careful to do this on your private computer and printer only.

• haddens
    haddens
    Community Member
    Options

Just to clarify, there is no way to print a single report of logins/passwords in 1Password. Instead the only way to get a print out of the usernames and passwords in my vault is to open up each login and right click on the given password, choose copy and then paste the password into excel or word. OR right click on each login, select "export" then export as a txt file, thus ending up with 35+ txt files... Is this correct? I hope I have misunderstood and there is some type of feature in 1Password program that lists all of the logins/passwords in one sheet/area.

If I am right with my clarification, I am pretty disappointed with 1 password. Although I appreciate your need to save your customers from themselves and protect them from exposing their passwords and logins to others (Lord knows too many times some idiot has decided to hack into a site and steal passwords/logins), however, these passwords and logins belong to the user and it would seem the user should be able to more easily print out a list if the need arises. Granted, I would agree to a multi level process to get to the report, but it should be available, nonetheless. There are reasons for individuals to have a printed list that are legitimate and necessary.

• gazu
    gazu
    Community Member
    Options

...however, these passwords and logins belong to the user and it would seem the user should be able to more easily print out a list if the need arises

MikeT has outlined the process you need to follow @haddens.

Read his reply again.

1Password are not forcing you to print out individual entries.

• haddens
    haddens
    Community Member
    Options

To assist those who are reading this and came to the same conclusion as I...If you select "logins" under Categories and then select the first entry in the list, hold down shift key, then select the last entry...all entries will be selected. Once all entries are selected and highlighted blue, right click once in the list and select "export" from the drop down list. Name the file and save as a txt file. This process will create a list of all logins and passwords in a txt document.

-cheers.

• lumarel
    lumarel
    Community Member
    Options

I thought for a long time now 1P7 for Windows has an Printing option, but actually it was the option on the Mac version the whole time.
    So to also drop in here, are you planning to do something like available on the Mac as well?

Cheers :chuffed:
    ~lumarel

• MikeT
    edited February 2019
    Options

Hi guys,

@haddens

To assist those who are reading this and came to the same conclusion as I...If you select "logins" under Categories and then select the first entry in the list, hold down shift key, then select the last entry...all entries will be selected.

You don't have to do this, you can right-click in the item list to select Select All, which is faster than your method.

You'd also want to select All Items on the sidebar if you want to print all items, not just Logins.

@lumarel,

So to also drop in here, are you planning to do something like available on the Mac as well?

We don't know, we're leaning on no. There's a reason we allow it on macOS since the beginning; macOS has security in place to isolate and protect print jobs, there isn't such protection on Windows. In other words, if you print data on Windows, there will be traces of it left behind on disk. That's why we tend to discourage printing at all costs on Windows. We do want to add something to clean up the printing of the items because the export is a bit messy. We're constantly thinking about this.

• lumarel
    lumarel
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT,

Oh thank you for that explenation, that makes sense. If I think more about this there are really quite a lot of temp files in the printing process. Expecially with 3rd party spoolers.

Would be great if Microsoft could add this component itself, so you just have to trigger it :unamused: (but sadly that won't be happening)
    But lets see what the future brings :+1:

• If I think more about this there are really quite a lot of temp files in the printing process. Expecially with 3rd party spoolers.

Exactly!

Would be great if Microsoft could add this component itself, so you just have to trigger it :unamused: (but sadly that won't be happening)

Good god, yes!

But lets see what the future brings :+1:

🤞

This discussion has been closed.