Short cuts needed

mtissington
mtissington
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I love that I can press ctrl+alt+p to bring up the mini password window near where I need to enter a password.
I can nearly do everything with the keyboard now ...

However we need a shortcut/s to get the password into the clipboard.

After getting the mini password window, I can enter what to search for, then press the arrow keys if needed.
Now what I need is to get the password of the selected item without having to lift my fingers from the keyboard to use the mouse to get the password.

Or is there already a secret keyboard shortcut to get the password?

1Password Version: 7.3.661
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Hi @mtissington,

Thanks for writing in.

You can use Control + Shift + C to bring up the username/password/2FA to copy.

• mtissington
    mtissington
    Community Member

This doesn't work in the mini app window.

• Hi @mtissington,

Try tabbing first, the item needs to be selected first.

• mtissington
    mtissington
    Community Member

The item is selected - and tabbing does not help. I enter text into the search field at the top of the list, then I press the down arrow to select the relevant item (it's highlighted) and the press ctrl+shift+p and nothing happens.

• mtissington
    mtissington
    Community Member

OK, the issue maybe I'm trying to do this on Password items - not Login items.
    This should also work for Password items.

When I try on Login item,, pressing ctrl+shift+c does bring up the copy window.

However it is in the wrong place - it is located near the mouse pointer, if the last input device was the keyboard then the position should be over or near the selected item.

So a couple of issues here ...

• MikeT
    edited February 2019

Hi @mtissington,

1. Yes, it is currently only limited to Logins. It will expand to other categories in the future.
    2. It is intended to be next to the mouse cursor, there is a technical limitation to bring it up on the selected item itself.

We will improve on this.

• mtissington
    mtissington
    Community Member

thanks for the clarity - but hmm, a technical limitation ... if the mouse cursor is over the selected item, that's where it shows ... so I can't imagine what the limitation might be other than just coding it :)

• Hi @mtissington,

Basically, it shows up on the search field, not the selected item; it has to do with the multiple "focusable" elements we have. For now, it shows up next to your cursor because it makes a bit more sense next to it than it does on top or above the search field.

The context menu is....very awkward to work within Microsoft's WPF library we're using, we're always fighting with it.

This discussion has been closed.