What does the clock icon near the 1Password icon on iPad mean

Options
stefanradev
stefanradev
Community Member

Hello,

On iPad sometimes I see a clock icon near the 1Password icon in the dock.
What means this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:What does the clock icon near the 1Password icon on iPad mean

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@stefanradev: If it's in the Dock, it's probably unrelated to 1Password. But could you please clarify what you're seeing? If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. Thanks in advance!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @stefanradev,

Glad you asked about this, having recently noticed an alarm clock 'badge' on the corner of the 1Password icon in the Dock on my iPad for the first time. Web searching reveals some explanations, like this simple summary from A small alarm clock icon appeared next to… - Apple Community:

Skydiver119

That is Siri saying ‘You normally use this app at this time so I’m putting it here to remind you’
    It seems to be a relatively undocumented feature of iOS11.

I have app suggestions and Siri suggestions turned off and have yet to see it so if you don’t want it you may try that and see if it works for you

Posted on Oct 1, 2017 7:45 AM

So it's not specific to 1Password and there's uncertainty about if/how this behavior can be disabled; here are a few more Apple Support Communities discussion about it:

Hopefully that helps answer your question as well as it did for me and thanks for asking! :chuffed:

• stefanradev
    stefanradev
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks a lot Skydiver!

Best regards

Stefan

• Ben
    Options

:+1: :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.