I enter a new Log In on my iMac and it is not found on my iPhone XR synching with DropBox

Options
hagenhenke
hagenhenke
Community Member

Changes do not synch. Maybe it is not working because I have a new iPhone. On my iMac in the prefs of 1Password I see the synch to Dropbox is executed.

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: 7.2.4
OS Version: 10.14.3
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:I enter a new Log In on my iMac and it is not found on my iPhone XR synching with DropBox

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @hagenhenke

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble syncing with your new iPhone. Please check out this guide for instructions on setting up syncing:

Sync your 1Password data

If you have set things up on each device according to the instructions and are still having trouble we have a troubleshooting guide available here:

If you're having trouble syncing with Dropbox

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• hagenhenke
    hagenhenke
    Community Member
    Options

I solved it. Reason was my Dropbox folder was sited in a different user folder. I had to move it using the settings dialog of dropbox on my iMac.

• hagenhenke
    hagenhenke
    Community Member
    Options

You may like to add this tipp on your Dropbox solutions page.

• Ben
    Options

That's... interesting. :) Did you move it there to begin with (and if so, why)?

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@hagenhenke: Thanks for the suggestion, but as far as I know Dropbox installs in the current user’s home folder. If there’s a bug with that, be sure to get in touch with Dropbox. Glad to hear you were able to get it sorted by pointing all of your devices to the same data. Cheers! :)

• hagenhenke
    hagenhenke
    Community Member
    Options

I had to clean reinstall macOS on my iMac as sound output kept breaking down after some time. Restarting helped for some minutes but I needed a clean reinstall. That helped the sound issue perfectly but I did not get my e-mails back into mail manually. So I used the migration assistend that did the job. Somehow I ended up with a new user and had my old user on the iMac too. That confusion ended with a Dropbox folder in the new user folder I do not use because my e-mails are in the old one. Confusingly 1Password on the mac told me it had just synched to the Dropbox and on my iPhone also I got displayed last synch was done some seconds ago, but with no success.

• hagenhenke
    hagenhenke
    Community Member
    Options

I suggest you add to your problem list for Dropbox: Check wether the Dropbox folder on your computer is in the user folder you are using. If not open the preferences of Dropbox and move it to the user folder you are using.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update and the suggestion, @hagenhenke. I can't say I've heard of that particular situation before, but if it starts tripping up more than a couple of customers we'll certainly have to consider how we can work that into the troubleshooting guide.

Thanks again.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.