Mac Windows integration

I am a Mac user and have 1Password for Mac. I am using Windows at work and I would like to use 1Password at work also, and have access to my database integrated and changes merged. Is that technically possible (and how would the sync work?) and what additional license would I need to buy?

Please also note that my company is using Lastpass unfortunately, so do provide some good assistance to a loyal customer of many years :)

Many thanks in advance.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.3, Windows X
Sync Type: Cloud

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @tokyo12

I noticed you mentioned you're using 1Password 6 on your Mac. That version has been retired, and is no longer being updated. 1Password v7 is the current version. 1Password membership would:

• Allow you to upgrade to 1Password 7 on your Mac*
    • Give you access to 1Password 7 for your Windows PC at work*
    • Include any future upgrades to the 1Password apps for your computers
    • Sync your data automatically between any devices signed into your 1Password account
    • Provide an off-site backup of your data

as well as a host of other benefits: About 1Password membership

(* assuming the computers in question meet the system requirements: System requirements for 1Password)

That would be the best way forward. To learn about how to upgrade from your current setup to a 1Password membership please see this guide:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file