Letter Scale For Selection In Each Category

Hi 1Password: I'd like to suggest a feature for the Windows 7 version of 1Password or for all versions: What's the possibility of providing a letter scale to the right of each selected category? This would allow the user to select a letter - like "M" - and show all the 1Password items for that category that start with the letter "M". This would allow the user to immediately go to the "M" section to do his/her selection w/o having to scroll completely thru 1Password until the "M" items are shown. Also, I don't want to have to enter "M" in the search field either. If any support team member has Plex app installed, that support team member knows what I'm suggesting.

Thanks

Rich Grega

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:letter scale

Comments

• MikeT
    edited February 2019

Hi @dog_man,

Thanks for writing in.

What you can do is tab or focus the item list and type the first letter, don't use the search field. Windows will scroll you to the first match and even better, if you do ab, it'll scroll you to any matching ab as well.

We don't plan to bring in the alphabet selector in the item list, it is not something that's provided to us by Windows; this is something that's typically built into the mobile OS due to using your fingers as you can't use keyboard to scroll down quickly. However, this isn't typically available on desktop OSes like Windows. Microsoft do provide it for Windows Universal Platform apps but it is not something we're using right now and probably won't for a while. If we do, we will add that option.

This discussion has been closed.