1PW7 Mac, multiple vaults, & entering vault passwords when printing -- oddly secured

Superfandominatrix
Superfandominatrix
Community Member

Hi, I use the standalone version of 1Password for Mac, and I have two vaults configured and both vaults reside in Dropbox.

Vault A - master password X (my personal and primary vault)
Vault B - master password Y (my parents vault, they are recently upgraded to 1PW7 Windows standalone version)

As a Mac 1PW user, I've used the print function from time to time. When the parents upgraded to 1PW7 Windows version, I was a bit surprised to find printing was not supported on new Windows version. Dug up a different thread here, printing on Windows not enabled due to security issues with Windows. Not a problem, I can print something for them from my Mac because I have access to their vault.

So I switch to Vault B, select the entry I want to print and am prompted to enter the master password before printing. So I enter their vault password Y, and it doesn't work. Try again, still doesn't work. So I try my vault password X, and that works.

Seemed odd that printing from a second vault B is secured with a master password from vault A. Is this intended design?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.2.6.BETA-0 (70206000)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

1Password unlocks using the Master Password of the first vault/account you have setup in it. Otherwise you'd need to remember more than one password just to use 1Password and, well...that says it all I think. I am sorry for the confusion, but the alternative would be much more problematic for users.

• @brenty understood, no need for an apology.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:)

This discussion has been closed.