Has the autofill bug on Windows, been fixed?

Options
cappy
cappy
Community Member
edited February 2019 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I'm still having problems with autofill on Windows. Ctrl-\ still doesn't work for all websites. Double-clicking on the logen entry in the 1PW popup panel, causes another tab to open in the web browser instead of filling in the login details in the current tab.

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: TBD
OS Version: Windows 7 Pro, 64-Bit
Sync Type: TBD

Comments

• Hello, @cappy, and I'm sorry you're having trouble filling. It sounds like this could potentially be a matching issue, and not so much a bug, but let's give some things a try to narrow things down. Next time Ctrl + \ doesn't work, open the main 1Password app and find the Login item you expect to fill. Look at the website URL for that item. Does it match the sign-in page URL? What about if you single click on the item you want to fill? Does that still open a new page? What you're triggering with double-click is what we call a "Go & Fill". This opens the saved URL in a new tab and, assuming the sign-in form is available on that page, fills your sign-in details for you on that page. If you're trying to fill a Login item on a page that doesn't match its saved URL, a Go & Fill will be performed instead to protect you from phishing attacks. It sounds like this is what you're experiencing, but give those tests a try and let me know what you find. That will help me confirm so that I can help you get things working properly. :chuffed:

• cappy
    cappy
    Community Member
    Options

@bundtkate

and not so much a bug,

In a recent post by one of the 1PW tech support people, they had acknowledged an autofill bug, and told me that I should try Ctrl-\ as a workaround

• cappy
    cappy
    Community Member
    Options

Does the URL have to match 100%, or only up to the .com, .edu, .org etc?

• I'm sorry if you were referencing something specific, @cappy. It's hard for me to tell with a more general description that could apply to any number of issues over the years. There was a recent issue that required some folks to click more than once (though not double-click) to fill that has been fixed in the latest beta, but other than that I'm not aware of anything that could reasonably account for what you're experiencing. Sometimes, each of us will suggest different workaround for these issues based on what has worked for us as well. My suggestion to folks seeing that issue was always to use the arrow keys and press enter instead of clicking, so that may be worth a try if you believe that may be the issue you were running into and you're not interested in giving the beta a try.

As for matching, it's only the domain that needs to match (so up to the .com, etc.), but if you have multiple matches, Ctrl + \ will still display mini and allow you to pick what to fill rather than filling directly since it doesn't know which match you're wanting to use. That's the reason I suggested arrow keys + enter to others as well. That should work even when multiple matches are found.

• That's the one I'm referencing, @cappy. :+1: If that's the one you're wondering about, it's fixed in the latest beta and, of course, that fix will be in the next stable release. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.