To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How to update my credit card info.

Options
editortom
editortom
Community Member

I assume that I have a membership, because I'm being asked to update my credit card info. Fine. To update said info, I need to log into my account. Apparently this requires different credentials from USING my account every day to manage all my passwords. These needed credentials include a secret key which naturally I have no record of (my fault, certainly) AND a different password than the one I've committed to memory and use every day to open the app on my Mac and iPhone?

Your instructions say I can go to settings on my phone and retrieve the secret key there, but my settings page has just 2 options: "Add Existing Account" (which seems like a bad idea, because I already have an account (or something) containing all my passwords on this phone), and "Try for free" (which seems like the wrong direction, since I already have a paid account). I don't see how either of these directions can lead me to a secret key.

What is my next step? Can I call someone and just give you my new credit card info over the phone, so I can continue using the app? Or do I need to export everything quickly, while I still have access, and start all over?

Thanks for your help.

1Password Version: 7.2.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac 10.11.6
Sync Type: dropbox?

Comments

• editortom
    editortom
    Community Member
    Options

OK, found the secret key. Now... any clue about this password? It doesn't want the master password I use every day to log into the app. Is there a clue somewhere about when/where/in answer to what question I would have created this other password? If I can't find this, is there any other recourse for being able to update the card and continue?

• editortom
    editortom
    Community Member
    Options

Perhaps I should also add that, when I click the "Waiting for Payment" link in the preferences pane of my Mac 1pw app, I get a blank dialogue box.

• editortom
    editortom
    Community Member
    Options

HELLO????? I know you're busy, but I've received three notifications from your email robot claiming that I'll get some help from his human companions but no one has contacted me. I need to update my credit card so you don't freeze out my active account. THANK YOU. :'( (Have a nice day.)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@editortom: I'm sorry for the trouble. We try to reply to everyone on a first-come-first-served basis, but when you send us multiple messages you're just bumping yourself back the the "newest" part of the inbox. :( It's possible to just remove the credit card info from the billing page on the website, but it sounds like maybe you're using something else so I'll reply to you via email to get some more details. Thanks for your patience.

ref: CCU-26465-943

This discussion has been closed.