To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How do I upgrade my personal/family account to business?

Options

Hi there! Am wanting to upgrade to a business account and add team members, but also have a family account with family members. How do I upgrade my account, retain my vault, without my family members losing their passwords?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kothman
    kothman
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @johnonepassword, this should be pretty easy! To upgrade to 1Password Business (and retain your vault), sign in to your account on 1Password.com, click Billing in the sidebar, and choose 1Password Business.

Also, a 1Password Business membership includes free family accounts for everyone on your team. I would assume that upgrading to a Business membership automatically links your existing family members in 1Password - if it doesn't, it should be pretty straightforward to add them back in.

https://support.1password.com/link-family/

Perhaps someone from the support team could clarify what happens to existing family members' accounts when you upgrade to a Business account. Hope this helps!

• johnonepassword
    johnonepassword
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the assist @kothman - that's what I thought would work too, but I don't see any option to select 1Password Business in my billing area. Perhaps I need to cancel the current plan?

• kothman
    kothman
    Community Member
    Options

Hmm, I have a feeling you might actually need to create the business account separately, and then link the two. Maybe someone from the support team could chime in, but I'd hope you wouldn't need to cancel your current plan :)

• Ben
    Options

Hi @johnonepassword

I would recommend creating a new 1Password Business membership, rather than upgrading your current 1Password Families membership, unless your family needs access to business data?

1Password Business Sign Up

As kothman mentioned when you are part of a 1Password Business membership you'll be able to get a code that you input into your 1Password Families membership to take care of the billing, but for this to work these have to be separate memberships:

Link a family account to your business account

Our business team at business@1password.com should be able to assist with any questions you might have with regard to the business membership.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.