1pw7 standalone master password entry

Options

Hi,

I have recently updated from 1PW4 to 1PW7 for windows (standalone).

I was very happy with 1PW4 but was forced to upgrade as the chrome plugin stopped working.

So far I have two annoyances with the new version. Hopefully there are configuration items that will let me obtain the functionality I seem to have lost, would you please advise me on the following:
1. The master password entry field is only 25 characters long. This is nowhere near long enough for my pass phrase. Halfway through typing I can no longer see that the characters are being accepted. Is there a way to adjust the length of this field (it was about twice as long in 1PW4)?
2. I used to be able to select the number of digits to use in a password and could hence create a password that was pure digits if i wanted (and i often did). I can no longer find a way of generating an all digit password, is there one?

Thanks for your help.

Dylan

1Password Version: 1pw for windows 7.3.657
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: windows
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:master password field length

Comments

• Helllo, @dl1234!

Is there a way to adjust the length of this field (it was about twice as long in 1PW4)?

There isn't at this time. As I'm sure you noticed, 1Password 7 does accept Master Passwords much longer than 25 character without trouble, but I did try typing something longer myself and I see your point about being uncertain you're still typing at all. I think I made it to 27 characters, but after that it looked as though nothing changed as I typed. I'm not sure expanding the field is necessarily the only solution here, but it does seem worth considering user feedback of some sort that can make that clear. I'll pass your feedback along to the team. :+1:

I can no longer find a way of generating an all digit password, is there one?

Again, not at this time, but this is something that's likely to come in a future update. The password generator generally has been going through some changes across platforms and one feature included is a PIN generator that would allow for generating an all digit password. We don't have this on Windows yet, other than through 1Password X, which requires a 1Password membership, but it's something I expect to make its way to the mini you use at some point along the line. We have a number of larger projects we're tackling right now, so I wouldn't expect it in the very near future, but it is something we're still hoping to introduce down the road. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.