1password7 installer not working on windows10

Options

Greetings. I recently migrated from 1password4 to 1password7. Install worked great on one windows10 machine. Install on a second windows10 machine has not been successful. When I try to open the installer, nothing happens. I am an admin on this windows10 machine, and even if I open the installer "as adminstrator", nothing happens.

The installer I am using is 1PasswordSetup-7.3.657, I don't know what installer I used successfully on the other windows10 machine.

Any ideas?

-Chris

1Password Version: 7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey, @type11969! This is probably not something you're doing, but instead some old folders that held over, likely from a since-abandoned 1Password 6 install. Am I right to believe that everything on the other machine is good to go? You've imported your data and all is well? If so, give this a go:

1. Open Start, type %LOCALAPPDATA% to search and press enter.
    2. You should see a 1Password folder here. If you do, rename it to 1Password - old.
    3. Run the installer again.

This time, it should work, but if you don't see a 1Password folder or you're still having trouble after renaming, let me know. :+1:

Oh, and don't run as admin. 1Password installs in your user folder and not only does it not need admin rights, installing as admin can be trouble so best to avoid it. :chuffed:

• type11969
    type11969
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, I did port from 1password4 to 1password7 on the working computer, converting the vault, etc - so maybe this is why it worked on one and not the other? I did uninstall 1password4 without any luck, however. I'll give your recommendation a shot tomorrow - thanks again.

• I look forward to your findings, @type11969! As an FYI, this isn't related to 1Password, so it's not uninstalling or not that would have done it, but instead is something that can happen if you tried 1Password 6 in the past. I've run into quite a few folks who did this and forgot completely as it could have been several years, so it's something I like to check since it's often the problem. That said, it could also be something else entirely meaning we have to do something digging, but fingers crossed it's the same old stuff. :chuffed:

• type11969
    type11969
    Community Member
    Options

Worked like a charm - thanks!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @type11969,

Thank you for keeping us posted. On behalf of Kate you are very welcome! :+1:

Feel free to contact us anytime, we are always here for you. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.