Telling 1P that I HAVE enabled 2fa even when it says I haven't

Options
piebald
piebald
Community Member

I have an account at Transferwise where I have turned on 2fa, at least as the folks at Transferwise see it: namely, via push notification using their iOS app. 1P however has the item marked as "Two-Factor Authentication Available" and refers me to this Web site so I'll know how to turn it on: https://transferwise.com/help/article/2811597/security/how-can-i-setup-2-step-login. As the text at that site implies, they don't use the regular scan-a-QR-code method, but instead have opted for PUSH. So, how do I tell 1P to not mark this item as "Inactive 2FA"?

1Password Version: 7.1.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.4.1 (or Web family version)
Sync Type: 1Password sync
Referrer: forum-search:one-time passwords

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Simply add the tag 2FA to the item.

1PW can only recognise a 2FA item automatically if either the 2FA is turned on with in 1PW or it is tagged, it can't recognise if you are using some outside method for 2FA.

• danco is spot on here. If we can be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us. :)

Ben

• piebald
    piebald
    Community Member
    Options

@danco, @Ben Thanks! I think I'll also create a tag like "2FA-real" for site where I have a one-time password defined in 1P. That way I can see get an overview of all the 2FA sites by looking at 2FA and 2FA-real. I've got all my one-time password fields named "one-time password" so I can kind of do the same thing by doing a search in 1P, but then it also picks up items that just happen to have one-time password written somewhere in text too. Anyway, thank you!

• You’re most welcome. :)

Ben

• sissing
    sissing
    Community Member
    Options

TransferWise doesn't support 2factor authentication via 1Password anymore. Is it possible to remove the message that I didn't set it up?

Now you can only use SMS and in app verification like google. I need to open the TransferWise app to accept the login attempt.

Thanks!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sissing - please see above -- just add the tag 2FA to the Transferwise Login item in 1Password, and you won't see this message any longer.

This discussion has been closed.