After months of use suddenly chrome says: 1Password extension (desktop app required)

Options
2»

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ninthrace - sounds good. :)

• kaeseklumpen
    kaeseklumpen
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    I'm still using 1Password Version 4.6.2.626 on windows 10. A few days ago the 1passwort chrome extension stopped working.
    If I rightclick on the extenstion it says "(desktop app required)".

So, am I forced to Update to 1Password 7 to still use the extension for Chrome?

• Ben
    Options

@kaeseklumpen

The current version of Chrome requires 1Password 7 for Windows, yes.

Ben

• kaeseklumpen
    kaeseklumpen
    Community Member
    Options

That is not good for me... Without the extension it's not very usable :/
    It worked very well for a long time. Is there a chance that it will work again in a coming update?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No. 1Password 4 was discontinued in 2017, and won't be receiving further updates. All of our development efforts need to go into the current version, as there is always more we need to do. Other browsers which have not changed their code signatures still work though: Firefox, Brave, Opera, Vivaldi, and probably others I'm forgetting.

• AirKevin
    AirKevin
    Community Member
    edited November 2019
    Options

Same problem on Mac OSX Browser extension installed on both Safari and Chrome. Works fine on Safari, visible but currently non functional on Chrome. It worked about a month ago. If I click the icon, dropdown menu choices include:

A: 1Password (desktop app required). Clicking brings up the 1password website.
    B: 1Password. Clicking does nothing.

Tried rebooting uninstalling / reinstalling the 1P extension. I have not uninstalled / reinstalled the desktop 1Password App itself.

Versions:
    Mac OSX Catalina 10.15.1
    1Password (7.4 / subscription / App store)
    Chrome Version 78.0.3904.97 (Official Build) (64-bit)

This has happened a few times in the past. It always seemed to fix itself, but this time it has not.

Update - Started working again. No clue why.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@AirKevin - I'd like to be able to say "glad we could help," but if the problem righted itself, I don't think we can claim any credit for it. ;) Keep an eye on things and let us know if the problem recurs.

This discussion has been closed.