Do we have to pay for the upgrade to 1Password 7?

Comments

• chadiaboughayda
    chadiaboughayda
    Community Member

do we have to pay when upgrading from 1password 4 to 7

• chadiaboughayda
    chadiaboughayda
    Community Member
    edited February 2019

1password is becoming so hard to deal with and doing anything is [removed] with them.

I paid for 1password 7 for window and couldn't get anything done. how does this company maintain their eputiotionthis way.
    i will never use 1password again

• chadiaboughayda
    chadiaboughayda
    Community Member
    edited February 2019

1password is becoming so hard to deal with and doing anything is [removed] with them.

I paid for 1password 7 for window and couldn't get anything done. how does this company maintain their reputation this way.
    i will never use 1password again. They make life more difficult instead of doing the reverse. They don’t even have a help line or a chat online help

• chadiaboughayda
    chadiaboughayda
    Community Member
    edited February 2019

I paid for 1password 7 for window and couldn't get anything done. how does this company maintain their reputation this way.
    i will never use 1password again. They make life more difficult instead of doing the reverse. They don’t even have a help line or a chat online help

• Appfel
    Appfel
    Community Member

@chadiaboughayda You can use Twitter, Forum, and email and normally you get a fast reply. This should normally be fine to get help.

• chadiaboughayda
    chadiaboughayda
    Community Member

why is their service so complicated now . and why is there so many parameters to deal with .

• chadiaboughayda
    chadiaboughayda
    Community Member

why do they promise us life time software of 1password 4 and then now they freeze it and ask us to pay for more

• chadiaboughayda
    chadiaboughayda
    Community Member

1password is the worst software to use as a password manager .. forget it

• chadiaboughayda
    chadiaboughayda
    Community Member

its mission impossible ... 1password doesn't know what they are doing ... they have complicated thing to their customer thinking they can make more money and treat us like we are stupid

• chadiaboughayda
    chadiaboughayda
    Community Member

i would advice you guys to all over to another password manager and you will see how 1password has taken us for a ride

• chadiaboughayda
    chadiaboughayda
    Community Member

1password has become so problematic and keeps on upgrading their software and changing their policies to make more money. they never kept their promise for one time purchase of stand alone , when they saw that they were having more buyers they stated getting greedy.

i would advice you guys to all over to another password manager and you will see how 1password has taken us for a ride

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• chadiaboughayda
    chadiaboughayda
    Community Member

• @chadiaboughayda

I understand you're frustrated but this is a family friendly forum and that sort of language isn't tolerated here. Additionally posting the same messages in every thread you can find is unacceptable behavior. Please review the forum rules (which you agreed to when signing up) before posting further. I'm sorry to say if that sort of language continues we're going to be unable to have you continue to participate here. Thanks for understanding.

The way 1Password (and most other software licenses) are sold is that you're buying the ability to use a specific version of the product (e.g. 1Password 4 for Windows). We include in-version updates in that, but major upgrades require either a new license or a 1Password membership. We never have and likely never will sell a "pay once, get upgrades forever" option. That simply isn't a sustainable business model. If you'd like to always have access to the latest versions of 1Password, which would be recommended, then membership is going to be the way to go. We'd always recommend keeping up to date with the latest versions of all of your software, but especially 1Password, your operating system, and your web browser.

About 1Password membership

Ben

• chadiaboughayda
    chadiaboughayda
    Community Member

Ben

It looks like you are the one frustrated from the truth. nothing in what i posted is anything against family friendly language as you mentioned.

However to cut this short , just ask your billing department to refund my money that i have just paid and couldn't get an upgrade to 1password 7 .

• chadiaboughayda
    chadiaboughayda
    Community Member

I paid $49.99 for 1password 7 license but couldn't do the upgrade due to complicated and unclear Agilebits process that makes it difficult to continue.

i will also need my money refunded .

• chadiaboughayda
    chadiaboughayda
    Community Member

same here .. no reply on refund email

• chadiaboughayda
    chadiaboughayda
    Community Member

complete nightmare .. and they only want us to put positive post on discussions

• chadiaboughayda
    chadiaboughayda
    Community Member

i would like to know how long will it take a refund to be done.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• Ben
    Ben
    edited February 2019

@chadiaboughayda

It looks like you are the one frustrated from the truth. nothing in what i posted is anything against family friendly language as you mentioned.

I had to remove a word from a number of your posts. Please see above. Also, as I mentioned, it is unacceptable to "hijack" other people's threads or to start multiple threads to post about the same issue.

and they only want us to put positive post on discussions

That is certainly not the case, however we do have rules that must be followed. You've continued to post in multiple places about this issue after being asked to stop: "Additionally posting the same messages in every thread you can find is unacceptable behavior."

I paid $49.99 for 1password 7 license but couldn't do the upgrade due to complicated and unclear Agilebits process that makes it difficult to continue.
    i will also need my money refunded .

I'm sorry to hear that. We'd be happy to help.

i would like to know how long will it take a refund to be done.

It typically takes our email team approximately 24 hours to respond. It is a weekend, so it may be slightly longer than that.

However to cut this short , just ask your billing department to refund my money that i have just paid and couldn't get an upgrade to 1password 7 .

They'll be in touch as soon as they can. They work on a first come first served basis. They measure that based on the timestamp on the most recently received email. So continuing to email about this issue will continue to push you to the end of the queue. Continuing to open new threads, post in other people's threads, and email will only result in further delay in resolving this issue. We would like to help, and we'd like to do so as soon as possible, but I need you to help us achieve that.

Thanks.

Ben

ref: XFA-75143-997

• chadiaboughayda
    chadiaboughayda
    Community Member

i will wait for the refund

• chadiaboughayda
    chadiaboughayda
    Community Member

welcome ...

• chadiaboughayda
    chadiaboughayda
    Community Member

only if you could tell how to get the 1password 7 working and importing the vault from 1password 4 with out the need of refunding and getting frustrated

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@chadiaboughayda: I've just replied to you via email. Let's continue the conversions there to avoid any further confusion, trying to communicate in multiple places at once. Thanks!

ref: XFA-75143-997

• chadiaboughayda
    chadiaboughayda
    Community Member

ok .. will do

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

I'll close this since we've gotten it sorted via email, but we're here if you need anything else.

This discussion has been closed.