[Qustion] On Unlocking on Secure Desktop

Swivel_Eyes
Swivel_Eyes
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

How do I configure my 1PW shortcut to go directly to "Unlock on Secure Desktop" rather than been presented with the normal unlock screen and then having to click the shield icon.

Previously, when I was using v4, my shortcut was able to do this but don't know how to re-instigate it.

Any idea how ?

1Password Version: 7.3.642
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win10, 1809
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• MikeT
    edited December 2018

Hi @Swivel_Eyes,

Thanks for writing in.

1Password 4 had a setting where you can enable Secure Desktop by default, there was no shortcut, it just changes the default to secure desktop.

This isn't available yet for 1Password 7, we do plan to add it but for now, we're just testing and make sure the core of the feature works great before we proceed to iterate the feature to be more useful. For an example, we need to add this to the sign-in view and other dialogs where we ask for the master password.

However, you don't need to click the shield icon, you can just press shift+enter in the empty master password field to trigger Secure Deskop.

• Hi @deepdvd,

1Password 7 for Windows isn't an update to 1Password 4, it's a separate newer codebase, so it doesn't yet have all features that 1Password 4 had; meaning they weren't removed, rather we didn't implement them yet.

1Password 7 do support unlocking to secure desktop as per 7.3 update but defaulting to it is not implemented yet and we're yet to figure how we want to combine Windows Hello with it but we're working on it.

Edit: Also want the lock/unlock icon to change in the system tray. So dumb that that was removed in 7 as well.

This really hasn't been used often, despite how long 1Password 6 and 7 has been out, this was very rarely requested. We do want to implement this in the future but for now as this isn't really used that often, it is low on our list.

This discussion has been closed.