Watchtower not working on iOS

ShoutingMan
ShoutingMan
Community Member

The support documentation states that Watchtower works on iOS, and will create a banner within 1Password entries that are breached, as on the web and desktop. However, this feature is not present. I have Watchtower enabled in settings. And accounts that are listed as breached in the website 1P Watchtower interface have no indication of being breached within the iOS app for iPhone or iPad. Is Watchtower no longer supported in iOS?

The support documentation for iOS shows it’s a feature:
“Use Watchtower to find passwords you need to change | 1Password”
https://support.1password.com/watchtower/

I have Watchtower turned on on my iPhone (and iPad).

Here is my Watchtower in the web, showing a breached account:

Here is the entry in the iPhone app, with no breach warning:

1Password Version: 7.2.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.1.2
Sync Type: 1Password native

Comments

• Hi @ShoutingMan

1Password on iOS currently only supports a limited subset of the Watchtower features in 1Password for Mac. For example, it does not have haveibeenpwned.com integration. Essentially 1Password for iOS has "Watchtower v1" and 1Password for Mac has "Watchtower v2."

We'd like to roll out the updates to iOS as well in the future but I don't have any additional information on that at this point.

Ben

• ShoutingMan
    ShoutingMan
    Community Member

Thanks for the explanation.

• You're welcome. :)

Ben

• gandalf_saxe
    gandalf_saxe
    Community Member

@Ben

Follow-up question: On the Mac app, it's currently possible to use Watchtower to get an overview of all vulnerabilities by selecting it in the sidebar menu. On iOS it's seemingly only possible to go into each individual item and check if it's vulnerable somehow, but you don't get the same overview of all vulnerabilities. Obviously it's not feasible to go through all items on iOS if you have a lot.

Is it correct that this is the status currently? If so I'd like to see Watchtower being more fully available on iOS, please add my vote :)

• @gandalf_saxe,

That is correct.

• ericsh
    ericsh
    Community Member

Hi, I would also like to see full Watchtower support on iOS. At a minimum it would be great to have it report on reused passwords. This should require no integration with other services.

Also, it might be helpful to mention the differences between watchtower on iOS compared to the Mac App.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! :+1:

• melvynadam
    melvynadam
    Community Member

Hi, is there an update on when we'll see watchtower incident data on iOS or iPadOS?

• Hi @melvynadam

I don't have anything new to add at this point; sorry. This is still the latest:

We'd like to roll out the updates to iOS as well in the future but I don't have any additional information on that at this point.

Ben

• hanskalk
    hanskalk
    Community Member

I just ran over this discussion and would also add my wishes for extending the watchtower feature for iOS ☺️

• Thanks @hanskalk. We are looking at how we might best bring a more robust experience for Watchtower to mobile.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.