Best way to Upgrade - from 1Password4 WIN (+ iOS iPhone and iPad apps)

dirkjedjdirkjedj
edited February 18 in Purchasing

Hi there,

I've been using 1Password4 for Win for years now, and can't think about living without it... I also use the accompanying 1Password iOS app for iPhone and iPad.

The time has come to upgrade the software, but I'm confused...

1. Is there still a standalone version available for Windows, and if so, where / how can I buy it? -> I was able to find a download of 1Password7, but I have a license key for 1Password4 and can't find where to buy a new license key for version 7.
  2. What's the difference between a standalone version and the membership version?
  3. What's the best route to go, when I want to go over flawlessly? --> Am sooo afraid to lose access to my vault!
  4. Are there step by step instructions / tutorials / videos on how to do this?

Hope to hear from you soon,
Thanks and kind regards,
Dee

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @dirkjedj

I'd be happy to help with that.

We no longer advertise standalone licenses. They are still available for those that want them but the best way forward is going to be 1Password membership. You can read more about that here:

About 1Password membership

Some of the biggest advantages in my mind are: access to the latest versions of 1Password at all times for any of your compatible devices, no longer having to manually configure and mess with sync settings, and automatic off-site backup. We do indeed have a guide, including video help, on upgrading to membership. You can find that here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• Thanks Ben,

I find the 'Move your... ' (https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/) info confusing though.

• For instance... it doesn't look hard, but then this green TIP. It's a tip, so can I ignore it, or MUST I do it? https://cl.ly/db6159228794
    • In 1Password4 the vault is stored in Dropbox. Where will it be stored when I have a subscription?

Could you bring some clarification here too?

Thanks in advance,
    Dee

• MeekMeek

Team Member

Hey @dirkjedj, sorry about the confusion there! We put that as a TIP because technically it is not required and it is not the most common flow, but it does make things easier for anyone upgrading from 1Password 4 for Windows.

If you sign up for a subscription and move your data over to one of your account vaults, then your data will be stored on our servers hosted with Amazon AWS.

Let us know if you have any more questions!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file