Vault no longer showing any items

I noticed that items weren't syncing between my ios devices and my Windows 10 PC. I also had a number of items listed in the Windows 10 1Password unsynced changes folder.

I closed the vault in 1P on the PC and reopening the vault, it asked for my password which I entered and now the vault is showing I have no items.

All the items are still showing ok on my iOS devices.

How do I fix this?

Thanks

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @reck,

Thanks for reporting this issue.

First, did you check the iOS version of 1Password to confirm it is using Dropbox to sync that same OPVault folder that you've just opened on your PC? We had many users who had two identical vaults, one empty and one that was used before, so they could've been syncing to different vaults.

Is Dropbox installed and running on your PC, no disk space issue? Dropbox can stop syncing if it is out of space and won't complete the vault.

We have a very specific Dropbox sync guide to help with this, please try all of the suggestions here first: https://support.1password.com/dropbox-troubleshooting/

• reck
    reck
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT

Thanks for the reply.

It is the correct folder i'm using and I verified this by changing the name of one of the items in 1P on my iPhone. This then synced the change to the PC via dropbox and I could see this because two files were updated at that time on the PC, these files being band_4.js and band_7.js. This is the folder that opens when I select the vault in 1P and choose the reveal in explorer option, well it actually open at a higher level but it selects the Primary.opvault folder which contains these files.

I'd say this confirms that i'm uisng the same vault on both devices and that Dropbox is syncing the files, do you agree?

I've had a look at the link you posted but this seems to be looking at getting Dropbox to sync correctly. As I mentioned above this seems to be working ok because as soon as I make a change on 1P on iphone, the data is synced over to the PC and I can see by the fact that the timestamp updates on a number of files in the Dropbox\Apps\1Password\Primary.opvault\default folder.

So if Dropbox is syncing the files I don't understand why they are no longer being displayed on the PC version?

• res1492
    res1492
    Community Member
    edited February 2019

Reck, go into the setting by pressing F9 in the pc version, goto Vaults tab and make sure your vault has a tick next to it...if it's unticked then it won't show any data at all...if that doesn't work do you still have the "1Password.legacyagilekeychain" folder in your Dropbox\Apps\1Password.
    To start again, click on "All Vaults", can you see your vault now?..if you do want to start again right click on the 3 dots and "remove vault", now click on "1password" in the title bar and pick "open vault on this PC" and point it at your "1Password.legacyagilekeychain" folder PLEASE READ...if you do start again by using the 1Password.legacyagilekeychain then any passwords you created while using version 7 will not be in the new vault because it's using the data from your old version... I hope this makes sense that's all I can think of buddy

Devs if i have missed the mark please delete this comment...i dont want to mess him up more

• Hi guys,

@reck, we'll need to look at your diagnostics report from both 1Password apps to see what it could be. Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report from your PC and iPhone; email both to us at support+windows@1Password.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the emails to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• reck
    reck
    Community Member

@res1492 Thank you for trying to help me. The vault is ticked under settings though so it's not that.

@MikeT Mike just sent the diag file, thanks.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @reck,

I found your report. We will take a look and get back to you soon. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: DVU-76296-878

• reck
    reck
    Community Member

Hi @Greg

Any idea what's happend to all my data on the PC?

• Hey, @reck! 👋 I took a peek at your diagnostics and had a chat with the engineering team and we felt this was something best dealt with on the iOS side of things, so I asked a teammate of mine to help out. He should have been in touch with some instructions, so make sure to check your inbox and we can continue the conversation via e-mail. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.