Signing into a website, the 1Password icon in the login window keeps asking for my passphrase.

Even though I'm logged in. But, if I then select the icon in the menu bar, my data is entered without further ado. This is 1Password X; perhaps there are some bits left over from the previous version with an application?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.14.1
OS Version: 10.14.3 Mojave
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Signing into a website, the 1Password icon in the login window keeps asking for my passphrase, but the one in the menu bar just fills in my data without complaint.

Comments

• Thanks for bringing this to our attention, @pooru.

This is the first report I've seen like this so at the moment I'm not sure what could be causing this. My first guess is maybe you have 1Password X and 1Password X Beta_ installed. Can you go select Window > Extensions from your menu bar and verify that you have a single 1Password extension installed and no extras?

If that's not the cause, could you share with us the URL of the sign in page that you're seeing this issue on? Also, could you attach a screenshot as well so we can see it?

Thanks!

++dave;

• pooru
    pooru
    Community Member

Not a beta, and no Window menu with an Extensions choice, but looking in Firefox extensions I see I have the X version and another version that says "1Password extension (desktop app required)". Maybe it needs to be disabled?

• pooru
    pooru
    Community Member

No, that doesn't work. I disabled it, and then went to log into https://www.kanshudo.com/users/sign_in — having just activated 1Password from the menu bar — and it told me "Press Command + Period to unlock 1Password". Maybe it doesn't stay unlocked long enough? Is there a timeout I can set somewhere?

• pooru
    pooru
    Community Member

OK, checking further I find that in Chrome I have three extensions: a beta needing the desktop app, a regular one ditto, and the X version. I've just removed all but the last. See what happens...

• pooru
    pooru
    Community Member

I also use Brave sometimes, and it seems to support only the (desktop app required) extension.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @pooru,

When you say you're already logged in. By chance do you mean that you have 1Password for Mac installed and it is unlocked but that 1Password X is asking for your Master Password?

This discussion has been closed.