With multiple vaults, is 1PW supposed to search all vaults for a URL match when I press Ctrl-\ ?

cappy
cappy
Community Member

Using Chrome on Windows, I recently tried logging into a website using 1PW. While sitting at the login screen, I pressed Ctrl-\

The 1 PW dialog popped up, but did not display any login entries.
At the bottom of the 1PW dialog, "Filling in chrome for (website name)" was displayed.

"website name" omitted for privacy reasons, but I have a screenshot that I will submit via email.

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: TBD
OS Version: Windows 7 Pro, 64-Bit
Sync Type: ??

Comments

• fritzophrenic
    fritzophrenic
    Community Member

On the popup, along the left side there are a bunch of buttons. The top button (just below the hamburger-menu looking thing that doesn't actually seem to do anything when clicked) is a button to select which vaults are searched. If you hover over it, or click it, is "All Vaults" selected?

• cappy
    cappy
    Community Member

It shows all vaults now, I don't know the setting when I submitted the question.

it would be useful if the popup displayed which vaults were selected/searched.

• Hi, @cappy.

I can't tell if your latest comment indicates that the issue is resolved or if you're still having the original problem where no items are showing up.

If you're still not seeing the item, can you make sure the URL in the browser matches exactly the URL for the item saved in 1Password? Can you find that item by searching for it in the extension or does it not appear there at all?

• cappy
    cappy
    Community Member
    edited February 2019

The searches seem to be working better now.

Thanks

• Cool, thanks for the update! :+1:

• cappy
    cappy
    Community Member

It shows all vaults now, I don't know the setting when I submitted the question.
    it would be useful if the popup displayed which vaults were selected/searched.

• @cappy when you're in a specific vault, the popup will say "Search in 'vault name'". If you're in All Vaults, it will say "Search 1Password".

This discussion has been closed.