1Password 7.2.5 don't accept licence. Vault still in read only mode.

hrkam
hrkam
Community Member

I cannot open 1Password after updating to Mojave . I made update of 1Password from 7.1.2 to 7.2.5 after installling Mojave. But 1Pass starts in read only mode - vault is not opened. When I try to add my v.7 licence, nothing hapened.
When I quit 1Password it dissapear from the dock but process is still present in Activity monitor.

After I downgrade back to version 7.1.2, my vault is opened, but I cannot add any password. Vault is still in read only mode.

I apologize for my english it's not mine native language.

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.4.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi hrkam,

What do you see under the menu 1Password 7 > License ?

Is your read-only vault a standalone vault or is it part of a frozen 1Password subscription account?

• hrkam
    hrkam
    Community Member

Hi chadseld, I have standalone vault. I don't use subscription. There is no licence in my 1password 7 -> Licence window. When I try add licence (via menu or drag and drop) nothing happen.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@hrkam - when you purchased your standalone license for 1Password 7 for Mac, you should have received an email from our FastSpring store that contained a link which would license 1Password. Updating from 7.1.2 to 7.2.5 should not have changed your license status, presuming you had your 1Password 7 for Mac license successfully applied while you were on version 7.1.2.

When I try to add my v.7 licence, nothing hapened.

How did you try to add your license? What steps did you take, specifically?

• hrkam
    hrkam
    Community Member
    edited February 2019

I tryed two ways of licence activation, drag and drop and add via licence -> add licence menu. I taken my licence from FastSpring email message. When I put licence to "Licence" window, + symbol is displayed, but when nothing happend. I attached two screenshots, one from 1P 7.1.2, Licence is OK. But I cannot wrote to my vault. Second is from 7.2.5, here I cannot add licence file and open my vault.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@hrkam - thanks for the screenshots. In the lower one (which I assume is from your current setup), what happens when you click "Add license?" You should get a navigation dialogue that allows you to navigate to your license file. Your license must have the title 1Password 7 License.onepassword7-license-mac and nothing else. Does it? Or did you (maybe inadvertently) change the file name? And if you navigate to this file, what happens? Is it grayed out? Can you select it but you get an error message?

• hrkam
    hrkam
    Community Member

I downloaded licence via link from Fast spring email message
    Licence file is called: My Name-Mac.onepassword7-license-mac
    When I choose licence (via Licence -> Add Licence) nothing happen (error message). Licence window is still "empty". When I try drag&drop licence file to the Licence window, green + symbol is displayed, but licence is not added. No error.

• hrkam
    hrkam
    Community Member
    edited February 2019

Maybe I can make short video, or send my licence file for check

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@hrkam - I'm sorry for the continued trouble! At this point, to get a closer look at what might be going on with your system, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

How to send a diagnostics report from your Mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#BXM-65981-687]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out. If you're willing to make a short video of what you're seeing, please don't try to attach it to your email. Instead, upload it to a well-known file service such as Dropbox or iCloud or YouTube, and provide us a link, as our email system doesn't accept attachments of that nature and size. Thanks in advance.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @hrkam only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: BXM-65981-687

• hrkam
    hrkam
    Community Member

Report sent

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@hrkam - yep! Received, and we'll have a look and get back to you as quickly as possible. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.