7.3.602: 1Password Mini not in taskbar

eleightondick
eleightondick
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

After 1Password updated to 7.3.602 last week, it stopped showing in the taskbar. Restarting the computer did not fix the issue, but I did receive a couple of very generic "this application failed" messages after login. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Ed

1Password Version: 7.3.602
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 17134.407
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @eleightondick,

Thanks for reporting this issue and helping us with testing 1Password 7.3 beta builds.

Just to be clear, you cannot open 1Password at all right now or it is not showing up on taskbar and that you saw a few errors at startup?

• eleightondick
    eleightondick
    Community Member

The latter. 1Password works, and the browser extensions work, but it doesn't show up in the taskbar.

• MikeT
    edited December 2018

Hi @eleightondick,

You have to re-pin the 1Password app to the taskbar. We've changed the location to 1Password files, so it will have to be re-pinned.

Open 1Password and right-click on it in the taskbar to pin it.

Just to be clear, we're not talking about missing notification tray area icon, just that 1Password isn't on taskbar, right?

• eleightondick
    eleightondick
    Community Member

No, I am talking about the notification tray area. Sorry for the confusion!

• Interesting, you're the first to report this.

We'd like to see your diagnostics report to see why it is not loading the icon, there may be internal errors that it is not asking you to submit them to us.

Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@1Password.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• eleightondick
    eleightondick
    Community Member

I just sent the report. Thanks for looking into this for me!

Ed

• MikeT
    edited December 2018

Thanks, I got the email and will reply there as soon as possible.

ref: PMT-17419-515

• mtissington
    mtissington
    Community Member

I too have this issue - I can't make it visible in the notification area of the task bar.
    I have tried to toggle it off and on in Settings, made no difference.

• We are implementing backup plan for notification icon. What you describe is unexpected, the only way we could reproduce this behavior is to launch 1Password signed by different certificates (or not signed at all), but we never released such builds to the public. Can you confirm that your 1Password.exe is signed by AgileBits Inc.?

• mtissington
    mtissington
    Community Member

The files in ....\AppData\Local\1password\app\7.3.602 apear to be signed by AgileBits Inc.

• Hi @mtissington,

Could you also send us your diagnostics report, there may be a pattern we can detect between your computer and Ed's computer.

Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@1Password.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• mtissington
    mtissington
    Community Member

sent

• MikeT
    edited December 2018

Thanks, we got your email and will reply there as soon as possible.

ref: IBV-62337-856

• colemar
    colemar
    Community Member

Using 1Password 1Password 7.3.657 on Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.14393].
    Same issue ad described above.
    Also, I can find no setting to toggle notification tray area icon.
    About to send a diagnostic report.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@colemar: I found your email on our side and replied. Let's continue the conversation via email. Thank you! :+1:

ref: ZVS-55188-925

• colemar
    colemar
    Community Member

I would suggest a full restart of Windows 10. I did it and the icon is back.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah, excellent. Thanks for the update! :)

• Siemek
    Siemek
    Community Member
    edited April 2019

Same problem, I formated my laptop and installed program again this solved issue but only for a while.
    I think it has something to do with windows update or other program I installed after format.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Siemek,

If you reboot your PC completely, does the issue remain?

Thanks! :+1:

• Siemek
    Siemek
    Community Member

@Greg I made reset with leaving file option.
    After that I installed 1Password and icon in toolbar appeared again everything was working.
    Then I installed My other apps and updates and it disappeared again.

• Have you checked the "Select which icons appear in the taskbar" options in Windows Settings, @Siemek? If you open Start, then search for "Taskbar" that action should pop up. Is 1Password enabled there? I actually just had to reformat myself and all is well, but I never do leave my files, so that might make some difference.

• Siemek
    Siemek
    Community Member

@bundtkate I did check it after it disappeared, tried checking “show all” and checking them separately but it didn’t resolve the problem.

• Very strange, @Siemek! I'll say I've seen a very small handful of these recently, but I don't think there's anything specific we're aware of that should lead to this. Could you send us a diagnostics report as Mike described here? If you let me know the support ID you get via autoreply when you send it (it should look like [#ABC-123-4567]) that'll help me hunt down your e-mail so I can take a look ASAP. Thanks! :chuffed:

• batrand
    batrand
    Community Member
    edited May 2019

I'm having the same problem on Windows, no system tray icon. Sent an email containing the diagnostic report. Support ID is [#JVJ-78424-133]. One interesting thing is that in the "Select which icon to appear in the taskbar" 1password is not in the list.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @batrand,

Found it! We will take a look and get back to you via email. Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: JVJ-78424-133

• IForgetMyPasswords
    IForgetMyPasswords
    Community Member
    edited May 2019

Same problem here. I think it started after the last Windows update. I have Win 10 Enterprise, version 1809, build 17763.503. I know the icon was there after upgrade to version 1809. I believe it disappeared after feature update "Windows 10, version 1809 x64 2019-04".

Addendum: did another reboot and icon is back. Did I just need another reboot after updates? Is there a bug in 1Password where the icon disappears under specific circumstances? Either way, universe is in order, I have my icon back!!!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @IForgetMyPasswords,

Could you please try rebooting into Safe Mode with Networking and see how 1Password behaves in there? Also, do you happen to restart Windows Explorer on your computer? Please let me know. Thanks!

++
    Greg

• twotwo1b
    twotwo1b
    Community Member
    edited May 2019

Just wanted to stop in here and note that I'm experiencing the same issue (no 1Password icon in the notification area in Windows 10).

I just tested, however, and if I fully exit 1Password (File -> Exit) and then re-open the application, the notification area icon appears as it should. I wonder if there's some issue with the automatic startup of 1Password after the latest Windows Update such that the notification icon doesn't appear when the program auto-starts.

Edit: Also wanted to note that, even though the notification icon isn't present, the program IS running (i.e. I can open 1Password Mini by pressing Ctrl+Win+/). It seems like it's an issue with the icon itself, rather than the application (at least on my machine).

• Hi @twotwo1b,

Thanks for writing in.

Your Windows' File Explorer process may be crashing in the background, check with your system's reliability monitor to make sure it is stable. Open Start and search for reliability, open View reliability history.

1Password currently does not re-add its icon if Windows File Explorer has restarted in the background. This is a known limitation that'll be addressed in a future update.

• AlwaysSortaCurious
    AlwaysSortaCurious
    Community Member
    edited June 2019

Yup. Having the same issue and Reliability seems to show my explorer stopping far too frequently.

This discussion has been closed.