Running different versions of 1P on separate devices

Nickle
Nickle
Community Member

I am running 1Pv4 on my Windows PC and the Chrome browser extension has stopped working. The answer appears to be to upgrade to 1Pv7 and your subscription service. I also use 1P v6 on my old iPad which uses ios 9.3.5. As far as I can see, 1P v7 requires ios 11 or later. Can I continue to run 1P v6 on my iPad and also use 1P v7 on my PC, and still be able to synchronise data between the two?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Nickle,

Welcome to the forum. :)

The answer appears to be to upgrade to 1Pv7

Correct.

and your subscription service.

This part is optional (you could purchase a license instead), but membership is recommended.

I also use 1P v6 on my old iPad which uses ios 9.3.5. As far as I can see, 1P v7 requires ios 11 or later. Can I continue to run 1P v6 on my iPad and also use 1P v7 on my PC, and still be able to synchronise data between the two?

We really can't recommend continued use of iOS 9 at this point. It is no longer being updated by Apple. Any security issues there will likely go unpatched. Additionally, as you say, 1Password 7 will not run there. You could continue to use 1Password v6, and it may sync with your PC, but we can't guarantee that. Even if it does work right now there is no guarantee it'll continue to work into the future. We'd always recommend keeping up to date with the latest versions of all of your software, but especially 1Password, your operating system, and your web browser.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.