One of my team got a new laptop and cannot log in, even after reset

My team member got a new laptop and could not log in even with all the details from his emergency kit. I then went through the reset procedure and he got a new emergency kit with new details. Still he could not log in. I tried logging in as him on my computer and it didn't work either, so I know it is not computer dependent. He can't log in on his phone either.
Can we delete him as a user and start again using his current subscription?
Any other ways to fix this issue?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro, Android
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @Samash! You can certainly delete your teammate, but I'm wondering whether that's necessary. To sign into your account in a new app (or browser), you'll need the following pieces of information:

1. the sign-in URL - if you have an individual 1Password account or 1Password Families, this will be https://my.1password.com, but if you've got a 1Password Business account, then you'll have a custom subdomain (that you would've chosen when you created the account). Make sure this is correct.
    2. the sign-in email address -- this would be the same email address he used to sign up.
    3. his Master Password -- hopefully strong and private.
    4. the randomly-assigned Secret Key -- note: this will be different, if you've put him through the recovery process, which would ask him to choose a new Master Password and assign him a different Secret Key.

The best way to sign in would be to scan the setup code that you'll find printed on his Emergency Kit. That will fill in #1, 2, and 4 above, leaving him only to enter his Master Password. If that fails, then you can be sure it's a problem with the Master Password, and not any typos or issues with the other credentials. Try that first, and let me know what you discover.

• peacekeeper
    peacekeeper
    Community Member
    1. the sign-in URL - if you have an individual 1Password account or 1Password Families, this will be https://my.1password.com, but if you've got a 1Password Business account, then you'll have a custom subdomain (that you would've chosen when you created the account). Make sure this is correct.

I think @Lars forgot to mention it is not necessarily my.1password.com. In case you set up an account in the EU oder Canada region the URL might also be my.1password.eu or my.1password.ca respectively. The same goes for the subdomain.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Good point! Generally people will know if they've gone out of their way to sign up for an account at 1Password.ca or 1Password.eu instead of 1Password.com, but it's definitely worth double checking. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.