Safari Extension not showing in 7.2.5

Comments

• PunkNugget
    PunkNugget
    Community Member

I'm using 7.25 and the 1PW extension will not install on Mojave 14.0 / Safari 12.0. No matter how many times I try to finds ways to install this extension, I can't do it. I tried installing using the pref pane window in Safari to no avail, as it not show the 1PW extension at all to allow me to install it, but says that it is installed. Very confused as to why? It's working (so far) on Firefox and Chrome, but I use Safari. Hope there is a solution to this. Thank you.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @PunkNugget,

Starting with 1Password 7.2 we've moved to Apple's newer Safari App Extension. Here the extension is bundled inside of the 1Password application so you don't install it anymore, you should only need to enable it. Can you try the following for me please.

1. Launch Safari and enter Safari's preferences, switching to the Extensions tab.
    2. Confirm the 1Password extension is present, is displaying version 7.2.5 and that the extension is enabled (the checkbox in the lefthand sidebar). Remove any other copy of the 1Password extension if present.
    3. Test to see if the extension is working.

If you don't see the extension listed as 7.2.5 can you try the following as well.

1. If 1Password is currently running hold down the alt/option key and click on the 1Password icon in the macOS menu bar at the top of the screen. Select the menu option Quit 1Password Completely.
    2. Drag the 1Password Application bundle from /Applications/ to the Trash.
    3. Restart your Mac for good measure.
    4. Download and install a fresh copy of 1Password from "Downloads - 1Password" page.
    5. Launch 1Password and unlock.

and then repeat the first steps again.

If you're still having no joy at all I think we'll need to review a diagnostic report to see if we can learn why things aren't working. Can you create one for me please and send it in. This link will guide you through the steps and has sections for the various supported versions of 1Password.

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+extension@1password.com.

Once you've sent the report you should received an automated response from us with a ticket ID. If you can post that ticket ID here it will help us locate your diagnostic report and we'll see what it reveals.

• LRogers
    LRogers
    Community Member

This worked. Thanks.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

You are very welcome @LRogers. :)

• PunkNugget
    PunkNugget
    Community Member

littlebobbytables - Thanks for the input, but although I tried your method (twice over), v7.2.5 works on Firefox and Chrome, it STILL doesn't work on Safari, even though it says that's it's already installed, it's not, as you can't find it in the extensions menu on Safari - there's nothing there showing 1PW's extension is available to use. That's okay, I'm going back to using v6.8.9 so I can use the 1PW extension (v4.7.3) on Safari. Actually there isn't really much difference using v7.2.5 vs v6.8.9. They still perform the same exact way and v6.8.9 works well on Mac OS X Mojave 10.14 / Safari 12.0 (14606.1.36.1.9) despite what others are going through using v6.8.9 on Mojave, again it works fine on my end. Funny how v7.2.5 is supposed to work better than v6,8.9 on Mojave, when the opposite is true in my case. Thanks anyway.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @PunkNugget,

If the 1Password extension didn't show up in Safari at all then something is amiss. Did you send in a diagnostic report?

We can't stop you from returning to 1Password 6 but at some point it is very likely Apple will stop Safari from allowing extensions even from their Safari Extension Gallery and when that happens the only option for Safari X (whatever version that first happens in) will be 1Password 7.2 or newer.

• PunkNugget
    PunkNugget
    Community Member

I like how you said "We can't stop you from returning to 1Password 6..." but you forgot to leave out "but we also won't refund you." Oh well, that's life and time and money wasted. Thanks anyway and I appreciate the quick replies.

• @PunkNugget,

Did you send the diagnostic report that was requested? We'd like to help get this working for you. I'm confident that we can, but if for whatever reason we cannot we can certainly explore the possibility of a refund.

Thanks.

Ben

• PunkNugget
    PunkNugget
    Community Member

I like how you said "We can't stop you from returning to 1Password 6..." but you forgot to leave out "but we also won't refund you." Oh well, that's life and time and money wasted. Oh well, one thing I can say I appreciate the quick replies, so thank you.

• PunkNugget
    PunkNugget
    Community Member
    edited March 2019

I'm being silly, no need. I'm sure when I update my Mojave from 10.14.0 to 10.14.3 it will more than likely correct itself. Thank you for responding.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@PunkNugget - definitely let us know if that works. If you're still having trouble with it afterwards, we can look at a diagnostics report to see what else if anything might be wrong.

• campsand
    campsand
    Community Member

Reinstalling 1PW worked after weeks of frustration. Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Glad to hear that did the trick for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.