Installing 1Password on new computer...

Options

In December I decided to retire my iMac and replace it with a Windows 10 computer. I have a license for 1Password for macOS and Windows 10. I set the new Windows 10 computer up just before Jan 1st WITHOUT installing 1Password on it. Then left on cruised for that lasted 45 days. Today I decided to use my new Windows 10 computer, forgetting that I didn't install 1Password on it.

So I download 1PW and then went to install it. I then get the screen that says..

Used 1Password before?

Sign in to 1Password OR
Sync using folder.

On the first option, I need all my secret stuff that I CAN'T find.

I haven't a clue as to what the 2nd option is? (Sync using folder).

Any clues as to how I use the 2nd choice IF I can't find the secret data sheet?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Starflyer
    Starflyer
    Community Member
    Options

NEVER MIND! I discovered how to pull up all my secret data on a Windows computer by opening 1Password and then on the top menu, selecting "Accounts/name". Whereas all my secret stuff pops up. Even better, I can copy/paste this date so that I can then enter in my new Windows 10 computer after downloading the latest 1Password. After entering all my Emergency data, it took what appeared to be 2 or 3 minutes to sync all my passwords to the new computer.

Easier on my macOS computer to get the same data. There, top menu, Accounts/Emergency data.

So now all my passwords are synced to all my devices.

• Glad to hear you're synced up, @Starflyer! I hope you enjoy 1Password on the new PC and, of course, we're here if we can do anything else to help. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.