Can I disable the 'type in window' feature?

Hi,
I was wondering if i can disable the 'type in window' feature that is present when you scroll to a particular login username/password.
I understand the feature is to allow users a method to more easily enter their details into their desired window/application, but I'd prefer to go back to clicking on the credential type (username/password) to copy to my clipboard.
I can't find any settings to change that would allow me to do this, so I need to ask you if this at all possible?
It's just a bit annoying that I have to navigate into the credential I want and clicking on copy.
Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @dotzeno,

Thanks for writing in.

No, it is not possible to disable this feature. There's a copy icon next to the field itself you can click to copy it to your clipboard, this helps if your menu is next to the monitor's boundary and copy option is too far away.

However, once we implement Auto-Type feature and the item details viewer for 1Password mini, this submenu will be removed entirely and you'd be able to click a field to copy it.

• dotzeno
    dotzeno
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT,
    Thanks for the response - Didn't even notice that there was a copy icon next to the field.
    Guess I'll just have to wait patiently for an update.

• You're welcome!

• Wilhelm
    Wilhelm
    Community Member

Just for the record: thank you very much for pointing out the 'copy' option straight on the form. I have been slightly frustrated with this feature as well for a long time - unfortunately I'm having a very large number of apps open on multiple virtual desktops at any one time and the 'type in window' screen is just a very long list of everything, which slows me down when trying to find the right one from the list, and often slides off again when trying to get the copy command once it's open. I would love to disable it altogether, but will settle for the 'copy' option for now. :)

• I'm glad it helps, @Wilhelm! Another tidbit – you can use Ctrl + Shift + C with an item selected in mini to open the quick copy menu as well. That only gives you two options – copy username and copy password – so can make the menu a bit less unwieldy. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.