Open 1Password app as default instead of mini [Press + Hold Control while clicking on 1Password]

Grow
Grow
Community Member
edited September 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Is it possible to open 1Password app as default instead of mini? At least a shortcut?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited September 2018

Hi @lagpick,

Thanks for writing in.

Do you mean from the system tray area? You can hold the Control key while you click on the 1Password icon, it'll open the main desktop program.

You can also pin 1Password to the taskbar and drag it to the leftmost position on the taskbar. That way, you can use the built-in Windows shortcut to open the pinned apps; in this case, since 1Password is the first pinned app, press Windows key + 1. It supports up to 9 pinned apps.

• mkcom
    mkcom
    Community Member

Hi MikeT,

the tip with the windows shurtcut is a good thing. I will try this from now on.

But I think to remember, that you told a few months ago, that there will come a lot of more shortcuts (for example open 1password app).

Is there still something planned for the near future?

thank you

Michael

• Hi @mkcom,

It's still planned, yes. We need to first implement the ability to have the full shortcut customization, so you're not stuck with Control + Alt + your choice. Once that is done, we will split out Direct Fill (Control + \) and Open 1Password mini (Control + Alt + \). After that, we'll look at adding more shortcuts.

• mkcom
    mkcom
    Community Member

Thank your for the quick response.
    So i will wait for a soon solution.

• You're welcome.

• wazzamatazz
    wazzamatazz
    Community Member

It was really useful to find out that you can CTRL+click to open the main app instead of the mini app. Is there any possibility that this could be customisable as well i.e. set regular click to open main app, and CTRL+click to open the mini app, or just disable launching the mini app from the system tray? I pretty much never use the mini app (I use the browser extension instead when signing into websites), so it would be super helpful for me!

• We can certainly consider customizations, @wazzamatazz, but we've got to be judicious with those. Settings can get out of hand and make things harder to use overall. For the moment, you can also use Ctrl + Shift + \ to open the main app without using the mouse at all. That one is basically my favorite. As I often tell Mike, if y'all are making me use my mouse, you're doing it wrong. :wink:

This discussion has been closed.