Editing from 1Password X.

Hello!

I've just upgraded from 1Password 4 to 1Password 7 to resolve the Google Chrome 72 issue. I've got 1Password X installed in Chrome now with 1Password 7.3.657 on my PC. Previously when I chose to edit an existing login, the old 1Password extension would open 1Password 4 and allow for editing within the app, which I prefer.

Currently, it seems 1Password X will load a new tab in Chrome, open my vault and present the edit options within the 1Password website. I've checked the settings using the settings cog within the extension pop-up, but I didn't see anything that seemed related to this.

Is there anyway to change this behavior as I'd rather not open an additional tab to do so since the PC app is always active, and so it doesn't take focus away from whatever website I'm currently on.

Thanks in advance!

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: 1.14.1
OS Version: Windows 10 Home (v1809)
Sync Type: 1Password Subscription Sync.

Comments

• Hey. @Casio! If you want something more similar to 1Password 4's extension, I'd suggest the companion extension, rather than 1Password X. 1Password X is designed to run independently of your desktop application, whereas the companion extension is ... well, the desktop app's companion. :wink: You can install that extension from here:

https://1password.com/downloads/windows/#browsers

Once you've installed it, disable or remove 1Password X, and you can right-click an item and select "Edit in 1Password" to do exactly that. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.