To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

parallels bundle [new accounts only; reach out to support+billing@1password.com for promo details]

titkos
titkos
Community Member
edited February 2019 in Memberships

Hi,
As a long time subscriber of 1Password for families, what happens to my actual subscription if i purchase the bundle: https://www.parallels.com/blogs/mega-mac-app-bundle/

Will i be able to use it with my actual subscription? Thanks.

View Approved Answer

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

According to the small print: “No”.

However, I was instructed to email sales@1password.com, which I did last Thursday.

Unfortunately no response yet (except for an automatic reply), while the clock is ticking on this deal.

• titkos
    titkos
    Community Member

@XIII Thanks for your feedback.
    Yes, the clock is ticking on this deal, exactly.
    1Password is now a famous, well-established company: they should tell us "yes" or "no" as soon as possible.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Well, it’s not their deal and they would be doing us a favor if they offer it to us as well.

• titkos
    titkos
    Community Member

We're just asking 1Password Support Team a SIMPLE question.
    1Password managers should give us a SIMPLE answer. That's all we're asking for.
    Not answering emails (see what @XIII is saying), ignoring us on their forum is a shame. Extremely disappointed by this behavior.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

AgileBits staff do answer all emails and forum posts. But they can be extremely slow, and they (very reasonably) answer from oldest post to newest. As they have been getting a lot of posts recently, there can be a delay.

Mind you, I wonder if they need to employ more support staff to deal with queries, though perhaps by the time such staff were trained the surge in requests might have stopped.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

It would be nice if they had a counter somewhere that set expectations ("our current response time is x days").

(since this request is time sensitive; the deal ends on Thursday)

• Hi folks. I apologize for the delay. As danco alluded it is currently taking us a few days to respond to all inquiries. We are working on improving our processes to speed that up, and have been hiring. It is pretty amazing: we've grown from a company that was less than 50 strong a couple years ago to more than double (120+) now.

Meet our team

Throwing more people at the problem certainly helps, but it doesn't scale well. There is more that goes into resolving the problem than hiring, and those are aspects that we're also working on. We'd love nothing more than to get back to a point where we are able to respond to the vast majority of inquiries in less than 24 hours.

That said I don't see emails in our inbox from the email addresses associated with either of your forum accounts, @XIII and @titkos. If you could please post your support ID, which BitBot should have sent you, I'll be happy to investigate further.

Ben

• titkos
    titkos
    Community Member

@Ben I perfectly understand the delay you've been confronted with.
    I haven't emailed Support, I'm just using this forum.
    So, please, answer my question, the clock is ticking!

Reminder: my question is (was):
    As a long time subscriber of 1Password for families, what happens to my actual subscription if i purchase the bundle: https://www.parallels.com/blogs/mega-mac-app-bundle/
    Will i be able to use it with my actual subscription? Thanks.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited February 2019

@titkos

This particular promotion is available to new accounts only. Beyond that, there may be other promotions available, but I don't have an answer that I can share here. Please email our billing team at support+billing@1password.com. They'll be in the best position to answer.

Thanks.

Ben

• titkos
    titkos
    Community Member

Thank you very much Ben.
    My support ID is [#JYB-41631-273]

Thanks

• Thank you, and sorry for the inconvenience. I'm going to pass that along to our billing team right now. :)

Ben

ref: JYB-41631-273

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Please email our billing team at support+billing@1password.com.

Oh, I was referred to sales@1password.com...

My support ID is #CEM-78574-679. Thank you for your assistance.

• That works too, @XIII. Thanks.

Ben

• geoff2
    geoff2
    Community Member

Hey XIII, have you heard back? I have the same question, since I have the Families Launch Special (which allows for two extra users) and I don't want to give them up.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    edited February 2019

Yes; they told me it's not applicable to us.

(While I understand the business reasons I never like it when new customers get better deals than loyal existing ones - on the other hand we do enjoy the Launch Special every year)

• geoff2
    geoff2
    Community Member

Thanks for the report!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, I've seen some good deals over time too, but I'm not willing to give up stuff like my launch special for them either. As with most things, there is a limit when it comes to this sort of thing -- just as coupons usually can't "stack" and are mutually exclusive. :)

• titkos
    titkos
    Community Member
    edited February 2019

@Ben I haven't heard for support yet and Less than 12 hours left! Don't miss out - Parallels Mega Mac App Bundle

If 1Password do not want us to get the deal:
    1. they should have the GUTS to write it down publicly
    2. they should mention it in the deal's terms

For everybody's information: Pocket team told me that purchasing the Parallels Mega Mac App Bundle would extend my subscription by one year.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    1. they should mention it in the deal's terms

They do:

This offer is only available to new users of 1Password.

• They do

Indeed.

Ben

• titkos
    titkos
    Community Member

In this case, it's all my fault. I hadn't seen the mention on the parallels deal.

PS : it would have been kind to let me know, since you knew from the beginning.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited February 2019

@titkos,

The reason I asked folks to email in as there may have been other promotional opportunities available, and I'd rather exhaust all possible options than simply say "no." Did you see Laura's reply to your email? I see you have not yet replied, and based on your response it seems you may not have read it.

Ben

• titkos
    titkos
    Community Member

@Ben Thanks.
    No, i didn't see Laura's reply and i cant find it in my mailbox.

• @titkos

I've sent it again. Please let me know ASAP if you're still not receiving it.

Ben

• titkos
    titkos
    Community Member

@Ben Just got it now. Thanks again for you help and thanks for the good news :smile:

• You're very welcome. :) If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

@tikos What's the good news? (If you are allowed to share that here)

• A similar offer was made as to the one was offered to you.

Ben

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

By the way, if anyone wants the bundle, I see that Parallels have just extended it. Didn't interest me, so I'm not sure of how long the extension is.

This discussion has been closed.