Need a licence file for 1Password bought through the mac app store

Hi, I reached out to [email protected] 10 days ago and haven't received a response yet. I bought a license for 1Password back in 2015 through the mac app store so didn't receive a license file. I'm stuck not being able to add new logins, please help.

My ticket id is [#BCD-75875-465]

Thank you!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member
    edited February 25

Hi @heyzk

I apologize for the delay. The way our email team works is on requests from oldest to newest, based on the timestamp on the latest message. Unfortunately this means that writing in multiple times bumps you to the end of the queue each time. In any event, I do apologize about that. As for your request... purchases from the App Store do not come with a license file. Also a purchase from 2015 would've been for 1Password 6 for Mac, and would not be valid for the current version (1Password 7 for Mac).

1Password 7 requires either a separate license purchase or a 1Password membership. We're no longer advertising licenses, but they are available for customers who are already familiar with that situation and are comfortable with the "DIY" approach they offer. I'd highly recommend taking a look at 1Password membership, which will give you access to the latest versions of 1Password for all of your compatible devices (no more separate upgrade fees). You can read about the benefits here:

About 1Password membership

If you decide to upgrade to membership instructions for that can be found here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I can't recommend it, as we'd always recommend keeping up to date with the latest versions of all of your software: especially 1Password, your operating system, and your web browser... but if you opt to install the older 1Password 6 for Mac you can do that. Apple has instructions for installing apps previously purchased from them here:

Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books - Apple Support

Now that we have a dialogue established here I'm going to close that email ticket to avoid duplicating efforts, but if you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• heyzkheyzk
    edited February 28

Hi Ben, thanks for the reply.

I'm looking for a license file for 1Password 6, which I read on the forums is valid for my 1Password 5 purchase since 1Password 5 is no longer downloadable. I'd be happy to use 1Password 5 if you've got a download for that, and (I assume), a license file.

-- edit --

Ah didn't see your instructions for the App Store re-download the first time. Followed them and it worked perfectly. Thank you!

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Ah didn't see your instructions for the App Store re-download the first time. Followed them and it worked perfectly. Thank you!

You're very welcome. :) If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file