I am upgrading to a new desktop Mac computer... already have 1password 6.8 on my Mac laptop...

panahead
panahead
Community Member

I am upgrading to a new desktop Mac computer... already have 1password 6.8 on my Mac laptop... and have 1password on iPhone... I want to avoid paying a monthly fee... what is the best version for me to install on my new computer? and where should I download it? thanks..

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.3
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @panahead! If you're already a user of 1Password in standalone mode, and you know for certain you'd like to continue with local data and standalone licenses, then your best bet is to visit our downloads page and grab a copy of the newest version of 1Password 7 for Mac (currently 7.2.5). This is the latest version of 1Password, and you can install it on your MacBook (Pro? Air?) also, keeping everything up-to-date that way. A single license for 1Password 7 for Mac is currently on sale at the "launch special" pricing of $49.99, over 23% off the regular retail price of $64.99.

If your current sync keychain in Dropbox is in the Agile Keychain format (a quick glance in your Dropbox folder should tell you), then you'd want to convert it to OPVault first, as we've retired the legacy Agile Keychain format in 1Password 7 for Mac. But if you're already using the newer OPVault format, then you don't have to worry about that. Let us know if you have any questions! Here’s our official upgrade guide.

This discussion has been closed.