username omitted and password inputted instead

I am currently trying to set up 1PW on my wife's devices, specifically on her 10.5 ipad pro running 12.1.14 with the most up to date 1PW app. I manually inputted her logins from keychain into 1PW. When testing it out I ran into an issue with a certain website. Despite having the username and password in 1PW, when tapping on the username field>key icon above the keyboard>TouchID, the password gets inputted into the username field and the password field is blank. I have checked and both fields are correct in the login info in 1PW. Also as a related question, i know that when i input my username and password manually on a website on my mac, 1PW will offer to create and save the login info. Does this feature exists for iOS?

Thanks for your help!

1Password Version: 7.2.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.1.14
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @Tofu

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble filling on this particular website.

Despite having the username and password in 1PW, when tapping on the username field>key icon above the keyboard>TouchID, the password gets inputted into the username field and the password field is blank.

Could you please let us know what the URL to the login page for this website is?

1PW will offer to create and save the login info. Does this feature exists for iOS?

That is not currently possible on iOS. We'd love to have something like that though, so if it becomes possible in the future we'll definitely be looking closely at it.

Thanks.

Ben

• Tofu
    Tofu
    Community Member
    edited February 2019

Hey @Ben, thanks for the reply. here is the url.

https://www.viewpayroll.com/SPF/Login/Auth.aspx

It's the employee login that we are trying to log into and the mix up is happening on said fields.

Thanks!

• Thanks @Tofu. I was able to reproduce this issue. Unfortunately I'm not sure this is something we'll be able to fix directly. When using the Password AutoFill feature we do not perform the field detection ourselves. That said, I'm going to ask our saving & filling team to take a closer look and see if there is anything we can improve on our end for this.

In the mean time you may want to consider using our Safari extension for this page, as it appears our form detection does work properly with this site:

Use the 1Password extension to fill in Safari and apps on your iPhone and iPad

Ben

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @Tofu,

As Ben has covered once we've populated iOS 12's AutoFill database with the key details from your vault we're no longer in control of the filling process. It sadly means there isn't anything we can do in regards to that filling approach. What we do control is our own iOS Safari extension and as Ben has also covered it does fill the fields correctly. It's a pity AutoFill can't be used but at least you can still get 1Password to fill the form.

• Tofu
    Tofu
    Community Member

@Ben, @littlebobbytables

Gentlemen, thanks for looking into the issue! Keep up the great work with 1Password!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

and please let us know if you come across any other odd filling @Tofu :smile: While we may not have been able to offer a solution for this particular AutoFill issue it's good for us to learn where 1Password cannot fill and see if there is anything in our control to change.

This discussion has been closed.