To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Select between Personal vault and Primary vault on iCloud

FKempen
FKempen
Community Member

Hi,
I find it all very confusing. It should be self-explanatory. Anyway.
I had a license and have bought a membership when I moved from V6 to V7. I always synced via iCloud. Now I see I have a Personal vault and a Primary vault (on iCloud). issues: 1. the # of records differ by 20%. 2. In my overview, I see them all added up so many duplicate records.
I like syncing via iCLoud since I use 1PW on many devices.
Question: what is your suggestion ?
Thank you.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Macbook
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hi there @FKempen,

My suggestion is maybe not quite what you would expect. You bought a membership, which means you actually no longer need iCloud syncing at all as your data is synced automatically by your membership. In order to do that, however, your data needs to be in the right place.

You have two vaults, Personal and Primary. The Personal vault is the one connected to your membership whereas the Primary vault is your old standalone vault. What you want to do is make sure that your Personal vault has all of your data in it and then delete the Primary vault entirely. So, compare the two vaults and move things around until your Personal vault has everything you need. Then delete the other one by clicking Vault>Switch to Vault>Primary and then Vault>Delete Vault.

This discussion has been closed.