Need Wider Dropdown Window To See Full Titles

Are there plans to widen the dropdown window or provide a config option for width of the window? I use a naming convention on my logins that make them easy to search for, but unfortunately, leaves the important part of the title past the width. The hover tips are a helpful interim fix, but it would be great to see it in the list without having to stop and hover. Thanks so much.

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: 1.14.1
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @RobTX,

We do have an issue filed for this very annoyance. We've not made any progress yet I'm afraid but you're not alone and it is something that affects people within 1Password as well so we're sharing in your pain.

ref: x/b5x#759

• RobTX
    RobTX
    Community Member

I appreciate that. Can we please get some love on this soon? :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Nothing to announce at this time. As you can imagine, there are a lot of other requests, and they all need to compete for development and testing resources. But as lil bobby mentioned, this is on our radar. Cheers! :)

• Hey @RobTX! It's good to hear from you. :) Our devs have been working on improving the inline-menu and experimenting with some options here. Sorry for any obstruction this may be to your workflow in the meantime but I assure you, you haven't been forgotten. I'm not sure if it would fit with your workflow, but one possible way to manage this is by adding a word or character or anything that sets apart each Login from the next to the beginning of their titles. You can also search the inline menu by beginning to type part of the title or username of the Login item you're looking for, so long as you do so with cursor focus in the field with the inline menu active under it. Hopefully that helps a little for now.

• RobTX
    RobTX
    Community Member
    edited October 2019

@cecelia Awwww. You guys. I've got the Beta for iPassword X Chrome and y'all DID widen the dropdown so I can see my titles now! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm verklempt! :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @RobTX! And thank you for the kind words :)

• RobTX
    RobTX
    Community Member

@ag_ana Just one thing we forgot to widen: the password update dialog box when you have to regenerate a new password. It's still too narrow. Could we please add this to the fix list too? Thanks again!

• Hey again @RobTX! I'm so glad you wrote back in so I could reply to your previous, very lovely, message! It truly made my day! :) I'm so happy we could help.

I'm happy to file a new issue for the dialog you're referring to — May I trouble you for a screenshot of it so I know exactly which one it is?

• RobTX
    RobTX
    Community Member
    edited November 2019

Hi, @cecelia ! Absolutely. See attached. It is this window when you're going to save to an existing login record during a password change.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@RobTX: In what sense does it need to be wider?

This discussion has been closed.