Enhancement Request: Automate Favorites based on usage or Introduce New Category like Top 10

Options

Can we add items to favorites based on the usage, so adding items automatically to favorites based on usage? Or introduce a new category 'Mostly Used or Top 10' which will be top 10 items based on users usage?

Is this already available in MAC version being it as a big brother always?

Thanks,
Abhijit

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• While not exactly what you're asking for, we did have something at least tangentially similar in 1Password for iOS, @Abhijit. This was the 3 most recently used items, rather than being based on frequency of usage, but I feel like that feature is illustrative here because we got a lot of feedback from our customers about "mucking with their favorites". In fact, I was one of the folks that wasn't a fan. We've since made that an optional feature so folks like myself can disable it, but I think that feedback is likely to make us reluctant to automate something like favorites moving forward. All the same, the reason that feature got the attention it did is because we all have different preferences, so I'd be happy to pass your feedback along to the team. :chuffed:

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I use the iOS feature. But not necessarily the 3 recently used are my mostly used.

We can have another category of Top 10 and list based on the usage. I think favorites normally are the items which are items required frequently to user. If you do not want to automate you can propose based on usage to user that ' do you want XXX to your fav as it is used very frequently'.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
    Abhijit

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Abhijit,

Right now, Favourites, where you can add items manually, serve the same purpose. Personally, I added my most frequently used items to Favourites and I always have a faster access to the items I need the most. Moreover, there is no limit of the number of items you can have in Favourites.

Is there a particular reason why you want to automate this? Please let me know. Thanks!

++
    Greg

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member
    Options
    1. We are in the age of machine learning and AI. Helping and guiding users by automation and machine learning is preferable than asking them to manually go and add/delete items to fav everytime.
    2. Also if particular item is unfavourite after some time then again user has to manually remove it from fav. As it is not necessary that once a fav always a fav.
    3. As we learn the usage pattern we know which items are frequently used/required.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
    Abhijit

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Abhijit: ML and AI are both great, but since we deal with the sensitive data (1Password is a password manager, after all), we have to tread carefully in this area. How frequently you use your items is some extra info that we will need to collect about you and I am not sure we want to know that.

I will definitely forward your suggestions to our team, so we could have a further discussion. I can make no promises, though. :) Thanks again!

Cheers,
    Greg

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for forwarding my suggestions to our team Greg! I totally understand the promises part.

TGIF and Happy weekend ahead!

Abhijit

• On Greg's behalf, you are most welcome, @Abhijit! I hope you have a lovely weekend as well and if we can do anything else to help, you know where to find us. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.