Baffled: upgraded from 1Password 6 to 7; won't fill in passwords

tearinghairout7
tearinghairout7
Community Member

Newbie here. Have been using 1Password for a few years with few issues (most caused by laziness). Saw the upgrade to 7, did a trial DL. Info from 6 transferred to 7, no problem. Extension appears to be up and running. Closed down 6 and put everything in trash, including zip file, for 6. I haven't emptied the trash because I don't have 7 working and that has all my passwords...a bit of a "yikes" situation. I deleted one site on 7, got back into the site and the window came up to add the site back onto 7 with the user and password, but when I tried it, it still didn't fill either the user or password. I am baffled, tired, and think I should go watch tv. Help? What am I missing here?

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: 1Password 7.2.5
OS Version: macOS Mohave 10.14.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• tearinghairout7
    tearinghairout7
    Community Member

Nevermind. Must've been the fifth time I restarted my computer that did it. Seems to be working now. Tnx, anyway. I'll go somewhere and feel embarrassed for about two minutes.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @tearinghairout7! Thanks for the update. That's excellent news! I’d like to be able to say I’m glad I helped you get things squared away, but since you appear to have solved the problem by yourself before I even got here, I can’t hardly claim any credit for it. :-) However, around here, we’ve learned to call a win a win whether we had a hand in it or not.

So, congratulations! Keep an eye on things and please let us know if there's anything further we can do to assist you. Otherwise, have a great rest of your week, and thanks for being a 1Password user!

• tearinghairout7
    tearinghairout7
    Community Member

Tnx for the welcome, Lars. :-) Actually, I did get a lot of help from the team members on the forum, so tnx to everyone. Great place to read where others have run into issues and having the team explaining how to deal with them. Unfortunately, I tend to stumble around a lot before figuring things out (accompanied by the occasional outburst of cursing), but think it's the best way to learn. Also unfortunately, computers speed up while I slow down. My first computer was an Apple IIe and I had kids at the time, which kinda gives away my age. IIRC, the IIe ran on a hamster wheel. Now, sans hamsters, every time there's a major software upgrade, I lose something and have to wander around in the ethers to find whatever I've lost.

Anyway, great forum and think I'll check in even if I don't have an issue. :-) I'm off to spray my keyboard with water and shake it out to try to get the sticky juice out of it that was spilled on it last week. And no, the keys aren't removable. That would make it too easy. Tnx, again, and hope you have a good week, too. :-)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@tearinghairout7

Unfortunately, I tend to stumble around a lot before figuring things out (accompanied by the occasional outburst of cursing)

You and me both. ;)

My first computer was an Apple IIe and I had kids at the time, which kinda gives away my age.

I had one of those...but I was living in my parents' house at the time, so I think you might be a few years ahead of me. :)

Anyway, great forum and think I'll check in even if I don't have an issue.

Please! You are always welcome here, and let us know if you have questions or issues.

This discussion has been closed.