Saving Software Keys

Options
bdphifer
bdphifer
Community Member

Is there a good place on 1Password to store software keys from other pieces of software?

I'd like to be able to have something like a login where you can save the key, the website it came from, a user name (if needed) and things like that.

I realize these don't need to be super-secure, it would just be nice to have them all in one place!

TIA!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AlwaysSortaCurious
    Options

I use the software licenses category for most of these (agree with the "they don't need to be super secure" comment). And if I need to I upload the license file and then link it to the license and vice-versa. The software license category works really well for. I think login items only do logins, but you can link those as well to the license and vice-versa....

• bdphifer
    bdphifer
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks!!!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

While software licenses may not necessarily always need to be secure, we just get that "for free" by storing them in 1Password. Certainly I don't use 1Password for all the digital stuff I need to keep track of, but it's a good lot of it because it's easier to only have to look in one place when my memory fails me. :)

This discussion has been closed.